Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Cracked Screen Question

Hi All

Recently i got careless and i accidentally cracked my nexus 5 screen after dropping it on the ground

Currently the touch screen works but there is a problem. I am unable to answer calls as the screen goes black and does not turn on again until the person has hung up or until i reset the phone. Also when i try to call out the screen turns black as well and exhibits the same symptoms as listed above.

From people who have had experience with cracked Nexus 5 screens, do you think replacing the digitizer + lcd will fix this issue or did i screw up something big

Thanks

Default Re: Cracked Screen Question

Recently watched mine fall from a bag onto the pavement, face down... Screen nice and cracked up. I was able to operate all the functions of the phone with a broken screen. That being said if you send it LG for the $150ish repair cost I think they pretty much do a full refurb, if not send you a already refurbed phone.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Cracked Screen Question

Did you have the same problem as me after your screen cracked?