Nexus 5 issues

Jasoptix

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Hi there,

I bought the nexus 5 when it first came out and had no issues until of recent. My battery life has become dire to the extent if I use it consistently after fully charged, the phone will die within 2 hours. This phone has to be the worst phone for battery life I've ever had, period. I've no idea what is going on whether my phone is bugged some how and my battery is leaking its battery power or something is draining my battery In the background?
Also when its on charge and if I use the phone at the same time it doesnt rise in % at all.
A further problem I have had, today infact, is my phone switching itself off when its on 40% with no warning. 'Shutting down' just dies instantly and will only turn back on if put back on charge (pictures provided) which then shows it has gone from 40% to 0% in seconds, to then be at around 20% whilst back on charge!
If anyone can please suggest any ideas of what's happening to my nexus 5's battery life or random cut offs, before i throw it at a wall and replace it with a different phone, I would be very grateful :)
Jason

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-07-30-23-24-45.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-07-30-23-24-45.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 30
  • Screenshot_2014-07-30-13-33-58.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-07-30-13-33-58.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 30

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
1. we need to see the screen shot showing battery usage by App.
2. try wiping the cache partition -

Reset: Google Nexus 5 | T-Mobile Support

i suffer no hardships doing this -

1. Sign out of the Google+ App and Auto Upload.
2. Disable Location Reporting, Location Sharing.
3. Disable Hot Keyword.
4. Turn Down Brightness.
5. Set Display Off 2 Mins or Less.
6. Turn Off Google Now.
7. Beware of constantly syncing Apps and Bloatware like Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, News, Non-Push Email, etc. Set Sync interval for every 1 hour or more.