Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Gilnaa
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Win8.1 do not recognize my nexus 5, neither through MTP not through ADB

When I connect the phone to the compute w/ a USB cable (yes, the one that came with it), the computer does not recognize it as a device.
    I've checked and the phone's settings as "Connect as: \n Media Device (MTP)" checked.
    When I connect it, it shows in the Device Manager as "Android Device -> Google Nexus ADB Interface"; but the computer can't access it via MTP, and ADB lists no devices.

What can I do?

Default Re: Win8.1 do not recognize my nexus 5, neither through MTP not through ADB

Welcome to Android Central! Do you have USB Debugging on? Go to Settings>Developer Options (if activated), and make sure USB Debugging is turned off. Now try connecting via MTP again.
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/P3S6fTo.png[/IMG]
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Win8.1 do not recognize my nexus 5, neither through MTP not through ADB

It is turned off, and the computer still can't see the device.
    Needless to say, I check with the ADB only when USB debugging is on.

Try booting into Recovery Mode and wiping the cache partition. Bear in mind that the Nexus 5 often takes up to 10 minutes to complete this process.

[GUIDE] Nexus 5 Recovery
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/P3S6fTo.png[/IMG]
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Oh, I'm sorry I was unresponsive. I wiped all ADB/MTP driver and driver-related software from my PC and reconnected the phone and now it all just works. I'm sorry for the bother
    B. Diddy likes this.