What is the small circle with a number inside?

GpCaretti

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
Hi All,
I googled around for a while without finding a solution.
Since I updated my nexus 5 to 4.4.4, in the notification are I have a small circle with a number inside. Sometimes it is 5, other times is 71 or 94 (see the picture attached).

What is that? How can I configure it or hide?

nexus5.jpg

thank you in advance

geekymcfly

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Do you have a battery saver installed? Most likely its that. Check the settings in that app to remove notifications

Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It looks like a battery icon from some battery app you installed. Do you have Battery Widget Reborn?

GpCaretti

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
most probably is something related to the battery but I can't find the app and it appears auto-magically once android 4.4.4 installed on the phone

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I can't believe this is an actual question 😂

I suddenly see your point.🐢!
But I did have something that sometimes said 0, I can't remember what it was, some data download speed app or something, long long ago, and I wondered whether it was something like that.

Posted via Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Do you have Power Toggles installed? Power Toggles has a similar battery icon. Or could it be related to that weather widget you have on your homescreen?

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I had a battery management app that showed the percentage left in the little circle but I don't think it would show a "5". When I have messages waiting the number show in a circle, I think. And, I have a weather app that shows the current temperature in a circle.

If I drag my finger down the home screen I see what apps are running. That might help.