Please HELP ! My Nexus 5 Stucks at Google Boot logo and I cant access my Recovery or Bootloader

Vincent Boss

May 14, 2014
Visit site
Hey AC Community,
I now have my nexus 5 over 8 Months and everything worked perfectly but since yesterday it stucks at the google logo. I dont mean the Bootanimation, I mean the first logo which shows up after bootin. After 3 seconds it shuts down and i get the same. Before this happend I just recently flashed PA Rom (4.5,3) and then afterwards the newest franco kernel by the Updater App. First everything has worked very well, but then some strange things happend to my nexus. So it just has switched the Date and Time to 1970, Google now said it isnt supported in my country (even it is), whats app needed reauthentification and also didnt automaticly recognized my county, my battery has dropped while charging from 12% to 39% within a minute and then the random reboots appeared. after the 4th one I suddently landed at the point where I am now. I also tried lots of things like going into bootloader/ recovery and flashing an old factory Image but every time I try to it kicks me to the Google logo. So do you guys have any Idea except sending it to google ? Please help me as fast as possible and please excuse my bad English

Last edited:

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Are you still able to get into recovery? It may be that the kernel isn't playing well with your phone.

If you can get into recovery, flash the backup with the old kernel to get you back to normal.

Vincent Boss

May 14, 2014
Visit site
Thats my Problem. Normaly bootloops are no Problem to solve for me but this time I actually cant get into recovery because it reboots every 3 seconds. And the Kernel is Marked as Stable and Franco Kernels normally have no Problems with Paranoid Android :/

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
My apologies, I didn't see the part of the title where it says you couldn't get into recovery.

Does your Mac detect your phone when it's plugged in?

Vincent Boss

May 14, 2014
Visit site
Guys I dont believe it. I just put my Nexus back into my case, went to an phonedoctor near to me and after i pull it out of my pocket it tooks my back to my lockscreen. So everthing works fine now again. But I dont know if it will keep working, because a friend told me he has exact the same Problem and for him there was no way out except sending it in to google, and there they told him it is an Hardware fault. Either way it was nice to hear that Google send him immedently (2 Work Days) after reporting it over the hotline a complete new one even if he was rooted. First off all I will now go back to Stock 4.4.3 + Gravitiy Box and hope i will never have to go back to this thread :p

salmanahmad

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
I recently purchased a Nexus 5 and I have previous experience with rooting and installing Custom ROMs and kernels but stuff like this discourages me a lot.

I'm going to stay on this thread to see if your device gets fixed or not. Hopefully it will. ☺

Have you tried going into fastboot with a Windows PC and flashing the stock .img?

Vincent Boss

May 14, 2014
Visit site
Rooting on a Nexus does definally worth, now I rate every starter in this area to just stay at Stock and be happy with Gravity Box, Performance Sheduler and Theme Chooser.

Last edited: