Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By maxburn
  • 1 Post By bulletmark
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default higher ampere rating for nexus 5 ?

Can i use a Sony CP-F10L power bank which has a max output of 3.6A to charge my nexus 5 ?
    Will there be any overheating problem and damage to the battery of my N5?

Global Posts
    8,743 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Default Re: higher ampere rating for nexus 5 ?

You probably could, but I'd be worried about it overheating/getting damaged. If you still have the stock cable, use that instead. Not worth killing your battery so that it could save you a few minutes on charging times.
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

Global Posts
    498 Global Posts

It won't damage the phone, the charging circuit in the phone won't take more than it can use. As long as the phone says charging (AC) there isn't anything you can do to make it charge faster. If it says charging (USB) then the charger or cable isn't exactly compatible and will charge at a lower rate, but it will charge.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

So...does it have a harmful effect on my battery even if i use the stock cable?

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by goutham kumar muvva View Post
    So...does it have a harmful effect on my battery even if i use the stock cable?
    As maxburn said, no, it will not compromise your phone or battery at all. UJ95x's comment is completely wrong.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

ok..thanks a lott !

I'm with UJ95x here. Given the problems we encounter from time to time with phones even when we use them with a sensible degree of care, I see no reason at all to invite trouble by doing things in any way other than those recommended by the manufacturers.