- 102 Posts
battery very hot while using Google maps
I have not had occasion to seek directions for travel using my Nexus 5 before. Today I needed directions and used Google Maps for no more than 5 minutes. The device became very hot. After I shut down the directions I looked at the battery information on the app battery notifier BT free. It said discharging, temp/health 118F/overheat. I was taken by surprise. Should I have expected that much heat from using Google Maps directions for such a short time?
- 08-03-2014, 06:59 PM #2
Re: battery very hot while using Google maps
It would be difficult to think of any app that would cause so much heat in such a short time. Have you cleared app Cached Data of late, or wiped the Cache Partition? Those may help.
Posted via Android Central App
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 3Last Post: 07-11-2015, 09:22 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 09-08-2014, 12:52 AM
- By xaphar in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 08-10-2014, 12:27 PM
- By torloth in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)Replies: 6Last Post: 08-05-2014, 10:34 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-03-2014, 01:35 PM