Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Contact list is Sloooooow to load

I have recently switched from iPhone 5 to Nexus 5 and have the following issue:

When I open the dialer (Phone part of the phone) it takes several seconds to minutes to populate the contacts in the speed dialer ... when I try and just type in a name it pulls from Google search and not my contacts.

Then when it does finally load, I call a friend who IS IN MY CONTACT's but when I dial the number it lists the number as an old business that used to have that number years ago.

I have the same issue when I try and open "People" apps too ... takes almost a full 1-2 minutes to load (I only have 438 contacts).

I know a minute is now long but when you want to make a phone call waiting 60 seconds it crap.

Global Posts
    20,998 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Contact list is Sloooooow to load

Try Settings>Apps>swipe over to all apps>scroll down to both Contacts and Phone>click on each one>click clear cache. See if that helps.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here