Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default No sound from earpiece, sound from speaker

When I make calls and recieve calls, no sound comes from the earpiece at the top, the volume level is maxed out and nothing. Then when I go and press the speaker it works. The phone is only 1 week old... the only thing installed is battery doctor

Default Re: No sound from earpiece, sound from speaker

Sounds like a hardware defect. Does the problem persist after a reboot? How about a cache partition wipe? Keep in mind that the latter can take up to 10 minutes, but you won't lose any personal data: [GUIDE] Nexus 5 Recovery

If the problem continues, I'd contact the place you bought the phone and ask about a replacement.

Same issue, tried everything possible from downgrading the OS and radio firmware. To trying different ROMs, nothing has helped so far.

Maybe the headphone jack is stuck. You can try an insert a headphone, see if that works, then pull it out again and see if the earpiece works again.

May be worth a try.

Thankyou Buddy1969, inserting/removing the headphones on my Nexus 5x fixed the dead earpiece problem for me!