Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Bad battery problems...

When its on charge (plugged into wall socket) and in use it LOSES power just at a slower pace.

Battery time on the device is also pretty bad. I think just a week ago or so this started, its really annoying.

I cleared cache and rebooted. Still the same. Would REALLY appreciate some help, don't know what to do. I don't think its the charger because it loses battery like crazy even starting from 100% when I'm using it off charger.

imgur.com/kGEXl7K
    imgur.com/Np2lsxi
    imgur.com/9dC6s6r
    imgur.com/Rj6Q2MK
    imgur.com/19NgTTn

Default Re: Bad battery problems...

Quote Originally Posted by andport3 View Post
    When its on charge (plugged into wall socket) and in use it LOSES power just at a slower pace.

Battery time on the device is also pretty bad. I think just a week ago or so this started, its really annoying.

I cleared cache and rebooted. Still the same. Would REALLY appreciate some help, don't know what to do. I don't think its the charger because it loses battery like crazy even starting from 100% when I'm using it off charger.

imgur.com/kGEXl7K
    imgur.com/Np2lsxi
    imgur.com/9dC6s6r
    imgur.com/Rj6Q2MK
    imgur.com/19NgTTn
    did you download an app recently? that could be it.

I had that same issue where is was actually losing battery while on the charger. It WAS the charger. I went out and bought a new charger and problem solved.

As far as the drain of the battery is concerned... That could be so many different things. The nexus 5 seems to have many issues with battery drain.

Posted via Android Central App
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by ianhanson85 View Post
    I had that same issue where is was actually losing battery while on the charger. It WAS the charger. I went out and bought a new charger and problem solved.

As far as the drain of the battery is concerned... That could be so many different things. The nexus 5 seems to have many issues with battery drain.

I thought that, but not only is the charging bad but use itself.

I put it on charge around 14% at 1am or so and took it off at past 9am, it was STILL charging the last final bar I noticed. Took it out with me turned off, turned it on around 2pm and it had about 85% battery. I don't know what the heck is going on, usually the charging isn't THAT bad and the battery loss when in normal use is the major problem.

I havent downloaded any new apps. In fact I removed a whole lot of them and no fix.

Wiped the cache too.

I ended up doing a factory reset about a month back. Initially that fixed a lot of my battery issues but lately the standby time and overall life aren't so great. I don't root and use very few apps. I can't put a finger on it other than the battery life for this device isn't very good. In your case I would try a different charger because that seems like a really long time to charge and not even be at 100 percent. The one thing I will say for the nexus 5 despite its poor battery life is that its a pretty quick charger. Maybe a factory reset? I know most people hate that but it seems to be the last resort to fix a lot of issues.