What happened to my photos apps on my Nexus 5?

Cassie_RVT

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
Recently I noticed that my photos from my camera roll weren't being automatically backed up. I was one of those people who actually didn't mind having it back up and have a folder in my gallery app.
Then I noticed I didn't even have Photos app anymore and just had Gallery. And also my Google + app is gone.
Did these disappear with the android updates that happened a month or two ago?
Does anyone else notice this? I just got a new tablet today and it synced my google accounts. On my tablet it has Photos app and Gallery App. And when I go into the Photo's app it has synced my photos to my tablet but only the same amount of what was backed up on my phone without all the new pics I've taken since May. from the date stamps it stopped syncing back in May and I've taken 100's more pics that aren't automatically backed up and I want them to be lol!

so I was just wondering if this was something that happened with the updates? If this has been talked about on another thread already please direct me to it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: What happened to the "photos' app on my phone? I only have "Gallery" and my Google+ is gone too

Photos is part of the Google+ app (and isn't its own app yet--there has been talk that Google plans on splitting off Photos soon). Do you not see Google+ or Photos in your App Drawer? If not, did you Disable it? Go to Settings>Apps>Disabled​, and look for Google+. If it is disabled, then tap it and tap Enable.

Cassie_RVT

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
Re: What happened to the "photos' app on my phone? I only have "Gallery" and my Google+ is gone too

Thanks for your reply! I had disabled it!!! so weird!! Can't believe I didn't figure it out sooner. I went into the app store on my phone to think to re download it and it said it had been disabled. So I re enabled it, it updated and now both apps are in my app drawer again. Glad its back to normal! I wonder how/when I did that? and why? Oh well. :) Thanks again for your response!