Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Had to switch back to iPhone :(

Was cruising some back roads on my bike and I pulled over to check my phone and my screen was cracked and unresponsive. I guess a rock must have kicked up and hit my phone, at speeds of 70+ it's not surprising. For the mean time I had to use my upgrade and get a 5c until I can repair my nexus. Now am I better off sending it back to lg so they can fix it or should I order a new screen assembly and attempt it myself? I must say though using an iPhone for the first time in 3 years really sucks and I can't wait to get my nexus back.
    Nexus 5-Galaxy S3-iphone 4-iphone 3-original iphone

Default Re: Had to switch back to iPhone :(

How come you couldn't use your upgrade for an android?

Posted via Android Central App
    Owner of a replacement Htc One... Till something better comes along
    LG G3
    Ambassador
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Had to switch back to iPhone :(

Had to pay for books for school and barely had enough to cover the 100 for the upgrade as it was and the only other android is get is the lg g3, which was more money. And I plan to go back to my nexus later and I figured the iPhone would be easier to sell.
    Nexus 5-Galaxy S3-iphone 4-iphone 3-original iphone

that sucks.. sorry to hear about that.. hopefully you can get you N5 back and running.
    My History of Phones.
    2007 - 2011 iPhone 2G 3G 3GS 4G
    2012 - 2013 Samsung Galaxy S3 S4
    2014 - Google Nexus 5

That's a bummer. You didn't have insurance on the phone? I always feel that the few bucks a month it costs for insurance can be very worthwhile if you're not the type who treats your phone with baby gloves at all times.

Have you gotten an estimate for the repair?

Global Posts
    2,932 Global Posts
    ROM
    Perma-rooted and unlocked

Quote Originally Posted by toilet-handle View Post
    Was cruising some back roads on my bike and I pulled over to check my phone and my screen was cracked and unresponsive. I guess a rock must have kicked up and hit my phone, at speeds of 70+ it's not surprising. For the mean time I had to use my upgrade and get a 5c until I can repair my nexus. Now am I better off sending it back to lg so they can fix it or should I order a new screen assembly and attempt it myself? I must say though using an iPhone for the first time in 3 years really sucks and I can't wait to get my nexus back.
    I just took mine to a normal cell repair shop. They fixed it with OEM parts for $150 total, after tax.

Global Posts
    2,932 Global Posts
    ROM

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    That's a bummer. You didn't have insurance on the phone? I always feel that the few bucks a month it costs for insurance can be very worthwhile if you're not the type who treats your phone with baby gloves at all times.

Have you gotten an estimate for the repair?
    Insurance is usually not worth it for screens...Asurion has a $150(!) deductible.

Square trade will do a $75 deductible though...thats what I currently have.

Yes, I have SquareTrade, too, since I got my Nexus 5 through Google. The thing I'd worry about in terms of screens would be a poor repair job, which others have had experiences with here. Not sure if Asurion would simply give a replacement phone instead of covering the screen repair.

Global Posts
    2,932 Global Posts
    ROM

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Yes, I have SquareTrade, too, since I got my Nexus 5 through Google. The thing I'd worry about in terms of screens would be a poor repair job, which others have had experiences with here. Not sure if Asurion would simply give a replacement phone instead of covering the screen repair.
    I always assumed all phones were like that...that they would just keep your phone for parts and give you an already-refurbished phone in place of it.