Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
08-06-2014 06:55 PM
3 replies
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Battery loss 1% every less than 2m and ridiculously slow charging

Put on charge (turned off) about 1:30am at around 14% and when taken off at about 10:30am or so at 76%. That more or less happened the night before too. All this last week the battery really has been appealing.

I reset cache, not improved.
    I uninstalled most out of the few third party apps I had. (Only had 3 pages on my phone, now two)

The only apps I even use are chrome, Skype, and since a few days after this problem started Gsam battery monitor.

Default Re: Battery loss 1% every less than 2m and ridiculously slow charging

Are you using the original cable/charger? Is it plugged into a wall outlet or a computer USB port?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Are you using the original cable/charger? Is it plugged into a wall outlet or a computer USB port?
    Yes the original. Plugged into the wall.

My charger may be damaged because it's short and I often use it while plugged in, bending the cable and sometimes yanking on it accidentally.

But the ridiculous power usage from 100% which has no relation to the charging makes me thing the phones battery is damaged.

I plugged it in this morning 10:30am, used it a little in between and took it off charge at 3pm 90%.

I posted in your other battery thread. Lots of screen power usage.

Also, how often do you have data updating (Email, apps, etc)? Do you have "Ok Google" turned on or off? Try setting the updates to longer intervals and turning off "OK Google".