Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Buying new unused Nexus 5 for $275... good deal?

I've been using the Galaxy S5 and iPhone 5s off and on for quite some time now. I ran across a guy selling a brand new Nexus 5 on CL for $275 and thought why not. Seems to be a good deal. Has there been any improvements to the camera or speaker volume since it was released last fall. Those two things were what kept me away.

Default Re: Buying new unused Nexus 5 for $275... good deal?

The camera is supposed to have improved. I just bought mine a few weeks ago so I can't speak for that. The speakers have been enlarged a bit, and I don't have any issues with them.

Posted via the Android Central App on my Nexus 5
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,945 Global Posts
    ROM
    Perma-rooted and unlocked

Buying new unused Nexus 5 for $275... good deal?
    Yeah, if it is.

The hardware changes since launch are trivial...there are no significant differences. All the camera improvments were from software patches. The camera hardware is exactly the same on all Nexus 5s.

I have had both old and new versions (I destroyed my first nexus on a cruise). Did not see any noticeable differences on hardware.

I believe with the newer nexus. There is bigger holes for the speakers. But not much of a differences. Nothing changed hardware wise besides that I believe

Posted from Google Nexus 5
    My History of Phones.
    2007 - 2011 iPhone 2G 3G 3GS 4G
    2012 - 2013 Samsung Galaxy S3 S4
    2014 - Google Nexus 5