Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    412 Global Posts

Default Volume rocker buttons not working.

Hey guys, so I've run into this issue nearly daily now. What happens is, I'm trying to turn the volume up/down with the side rocker buttons, but the dang things do not respond (and yes, the case has been removed). I've had to reboot my N5 each and every time, and its getting very old very fast. I find I have to go into settings and change it there. I've read that there might be an app running that is using my volume, not allowing me to change it. When I went into my apps to see what's running, its the usual stuff. Nothing that would be using it. So, is there an app to find out if there is a rogue app running I don't know about?
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Global Posts
    412 Global Posts

Default Re: Volume rocker buttons not working.

So I found that while I have a web browser open (surfing web), the volume rockers work. But once I exit back to my home screen, they stop working. Any thoughts?
    Axe

Carrier
    Reborn ROM, CM9 Touchpad

This also happened to me last week. Had gone weeks without adding any new apps, unless an app update caused some rogue irregularity. Restarting fixed it like you said. Wish I had more of a solution. Any way to tell what apps updated for you in the last 10 days?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    412 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    This also happened to me last week. Had gone weeks without adding any new apps, unless an app update caused some rogue irregularity. Restarting fixed it like you said. Wish I had more of a solution. Any way to tell what apps updated for you in the last 10 days?
    Hey, thanks for the reply. I've had dozens of apps update in the time period of which I've had this issue. The only thing I can think to do, is a factory reset. Which I hate.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    412 Global Posts

So the other day I switched from using Textra back to using Hangouts and I haven't seen the issue repeat. So fingers crossed.