Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nexus 5 syncing issue - Wifi Passwords not syncing.

I've recently upgraded from a HTC One S to a Google Nexus 5, but there appears to be an issue with it not syncing some of my data - in particular, wifi accounts and passwords.

Just over a year ago I purchased a Google Nexus 7, and when signing into the device it instantly retrieved all my wifi passwords, so I didn't have the hassle of having to re-acquire them. Similarly, whenever I added a new wifi network to my HTC One S, it would also be present on my Nexus 7. Brilliant. Sadly, my Nexus 5 is not behaving the same way.

I have signed into the same Account on my Nexus 5, and it has synced my contacts and emails, but that's it. It's not carried over any of my wifi networks. This isn't just an initial inconvenience, as it implies that I'm going to have to continue to enter passwords twice if I want to access the same wifi networks from both my phone and my tablet.

Is there a checkbox I need to untick, or a option I need to select in order for my wifi accounts to remain up to date..?