Nexus 5 Alarm Clock Bug....Pls Help?!

Gino Guillermo

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi. Recently bought a brand-new Nexus 5 phone. Set it up and installed some apps but not a lot. Now, found a bug.

Same with my Moto G (4G), i can't seem to enable the Alarm Clock sound when my phone is on Silent (particularly at night before i sleep). Tried fiddling with the alarm clock settings and the Sound under the main settings (like turning up the volume) but nothing is happening; the volume is still down to zero.

Anyone else experienced this situation? Is there a solution?

Please advice.

anon(826501)

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Hi. Recently bought a brand-new Nexus 5 phone. Set it up and installed some apps but not a lot. Now, found a bug.

Same with my Moto G (4G), i can't seem to enable the Alarm Clock sound when my phone is on Silent (particularly at night before i sleep). Tried fiddling with the alarm clock settings and the Sound under the main settings (like turning up the volume) but nothing is happening; the volume is still down to zero.

Anyone else experienced this situation? Is there a solution?

Please advice.

Check out the screenshot. This is the alarm I use at my Nexus 5. Recommended.
amebahyt.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Gino Guillermo

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Thank you.

Its such a pain sometimes. The same issue appeared in my Moto G (4G) with 4.4.4. Both my Moto G & my Nexus 5 are all brand-new. In my experience of owning Android handsets in my opinion this is a bug that needs to be fixed/patched my Google.

Any more advice please?

anon(826501)

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Well, before downloading a third party alarm app uninstall the stock alarm at your Nexus 5 and then go to settings>apps>all and disable it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
What method are you using to put your phone into "Silent" mode? Do you have any app installed which might be overriding the normal silent mode provided by the stock operating system?

On my Nexus 5 with stock 4.4.4, if I hold the volume down button until the bar reaches the far left, the phone goes to silent mode. Now, go to Settings -> Sounds -> Volumes and notice that the only setting affected is that of Phone and Notifications. The other two volume bars (Media... and Alarms...) have not changed at all. If I now set an alarm a few minutes in the future, it works perfectly.

Please tell us more about "Silent" mode.

Posted via Android Central App

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
What method are you using to put your phone into "Silent" mode? Do you have any app installed which might be overriding the normal silent mode provided by the stock operating system?

On my Nexus 5 with stock 4.4.4, if I hold the volume down button until the bar reaches the far left, the phone goes to silent mode. Now, go to Settings -> Sounds -> Volumes and notice that the only setting affected is that of Phone and Notifications. The other two volume bars (Media... and Alarms...) have not changed at all. If I now set an alarm a few minutes in the future, it works perfectly.

Please tell us more about "Silent" mode.

Posted via Android Central App

This. I have a feeling there's something interfering. It isn't the phone or the OS because I've never had this issue with any of the bajillion Android phones I've had. The one issue I had was with a "Do Not Disturb" app once quite awhile ago. I manually turned my phone on silent, but since it wasn't during the DND time, it actually un-silenced my phone and it went off in court! I almost got held in contempt for that. I'm guessing there's an interfering app.

Gino Guillermo

May 21, 2013
Visit site
As i have explained previously i have installed the same apps on my Galaxy S4 and the stock S4 alarm clock works perfectly so i would probably say nothing is interfering with the stock N5 alarm clock.

When i mean "Silent" mode i slide the volume right the way down until the speakers with a line across appears.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Okay, if you don't mind, let's begin at the beginning.

Open Settings -> Sounds -> Volumes. Drag the three sliders all the way to the right, like this:

9577.jpg

Now, return to the Home screen and press the volume down button until the phone is in silent mode. Go back to Settings -> Sounds -> Volumes. Is this what you see? If not, then what?

9576.jpg

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon