White splotch on screen

jc0187

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, so today I noticed a white splotch on the upper left side of the screen. Noticeable while screen is lit up but has a dark background. Has anyone had this issue? I've got a Seidio armor case on it, so slight bumps couldn't have done this.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
That's not a common issue. If you have insurance with your carrier or third party seller, I'd make a claim to get it replaced.

jc0187

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
That's not a common issue. If you have insurance with your carrier or third party seller, I'd make a claim to get it replaced.

I purchased it direct through Google. Been having an issue with my volume buttons only working while in an app, any app.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I purchased it direct through Google. Been having an issue with my volume buttons only working while in an app, any app.
It sounds like you're having hardware issues if the display has that spot and the buttons are not working appropriately. You sure you didn't drop or damage the device in any way?

In any case, since it is not a software issue, you're going to have to get it replaced or repaired in order to get it to work.

jc0187

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
It sounds like you're having hardware issues if the display has that spot and the buttons are not working appropriately. You sure you didn't drop or damage the device in any way?

In any case, since it is not a software issue, you're going to have to get it replaced or repaired in order to get it to work.

Well I did drop it a couple times. But I also have the Siedio armor impact case. So I doubt this is the reason why I am having issues. Its just strange that the white glow is directly next to the volume buttons that periodically work.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Well a case doesn't make your phone impossible to damage. It's just to add a bit of protection against the occasional drops from low heights or slight bumping around the phone might get.
If you boot into recovery or download mode is there still odd coloring in that spot?

jc0187

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Well a case doesn't make your phone impossible to damage. It's just to add a bit of protection against the occasional drops from low heights or slight bumping around the phone might get.
If you boot into recovery or download mode is there still odd coloring in that spot?

How do I boot into recovery mode? Is it holding the down and power buttons?

jc0187

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
That is correct. Were you able to do it?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4
Well, the strange thingis, after I stopped using textra and went back to Hangouts, both the white splotch issue and the problem with the volume buttons went away. How bizarre!

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Well, the strange thingis, after I stopped using textra and went back to Hangouts, both the white splotch issue and the problem with the volume buttons went away. How bizarre!

😐
That is really weird lol. Glad it's working now

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4