Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    jc0187's Avatar

    Posts
    300 Posts
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts

    Default White splotch on screen

    Hey guys, so today I noticed a white splotch on the upper left side of the screen. Noticeable while screen is lit up but has a dark background. Has anyone had this issue? I've got a Seidio armor case on it, so slight bumps couldn't have done this.
  2. #2  
    UJ95x's Avatar

    Posts
    8,648 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,893 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

    Default Re: White splotch on screen

    That's not a common issue. If you have insurance with your carrier or third party seller, I'd make a claim to get it replaced.
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    jc0187's Avatar

    Posts
    300 Posts
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts

    Default Re: White splotch on screen

    Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    That's not a common issue. If you have insurance with your carrier or third party seller, I'd make a claim to get it replaced.
    I purchased it direct through Google. Been having an issue with my volume buttons only working while in an app, any app.
  4. #4  
    Moosebear's Avatar

    Posts
    26 Posts
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts

    Default Re: White splotch on screen

    When my phone got wet, just from some rain, it was the screen that got damaged, and lighter spots showed up under the glass.
  5. #5  
    UJ95x's Avatar

    Posts
    8,648 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,893 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

    Default Re: White splotch on screen

    Quote Originally Posted by jc0187 View Post
    I purchased it direct through Google. Been having an issue with my volume buttons only working while in an app, any app.
    It sounds like you're having hardware issues if the display has that spot and the buttons are not working appropriately. You sure you didn't drop or damage the device in any way?

    In any case, since it is not a software issue, you're going to have to get it replaced or repaired in order to get it to work.
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  
    jc0187's Avatar

    Posts
    300 Posts
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts

    Default Re: White splotch on screen

    Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    It sounds like you're having hardware issues if the display has that spot and the buttons are not working appropriately. You sure you didn't drop or damage the device in any way?

    In any case, since it is not a software issue, you're going to have to get it replaced or repaired in order to get it to work.
    Well I did drop it a couple times. But I also have the Siedio armor impact case. So I doubt this is the reason why I am having issues. Its just strange that the white glow is directly next to the volume buttons that periodically work.
  7. #7  
    UJ95x's Avatar

    Posts
    8,648 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,893 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

    Default Re: White splotch on screen

    Well a case doesn't make your phone impossible to damage. It's just to add a bit of protection against the occasional drops from low heights or slight bumping around the phone might get.
    If you boot into recovery or download mode is there still odd coloring in that spot?
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  
    jc0187's Avatar

    Posts
    300 Posts
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts

    Default Re: White splotch on screen

    Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    Well a case doesn't make your phone impossible to damage. It's just to add a bit of protection against the occasional drops from low heights or slight bumping around the phone might get.
    If you boot into recovery or download mode is there still odd coloring in that spot?
    How do I boot into recovery mode? Is it holding the down and power buttons?
  9. #9  
    UJ95x's Avatar

    Posts
    8,648 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,893 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

    Default Re: White splotch on screen

    Quote Originally Posted by jc0187 View Post
    How do I boot into recovery mode? Is it holding the down and power buttons?
    That is correct. Were you able to do it?

    Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  
    jc0187's Avatar

    Posts
    300 Posts
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts

    Default Re: White splotch on screen

    Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    That is correct. Were you able to do it?

    Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4
    Well, the strange thingis, after I stopped using textra and went back to Hangouts, both the white splotch issue and the problem with the volume buttons went away. How bizarre!
  11. #11  
    UJ95x's Avatar

    Posts
    8,648 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,893 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

    Default Re: White splotch on screen

    Quote Originally Posted by jc0187 View Post
    Well, the strange thingis, after I stopped using textra and went back to Hangouts, both the white splotch issue and the problem with the volume buttons went away. How bizarre!
    😐
    That is really weird lol. Glad it's working now

    Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

Similar Threads

  1. Watermark on screen?
    By sixstringer23 in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-08-2014, 06:49 PM
  2. my galaxy century is stuck on the system recovery screen
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-08-2014, 06:49 PM
  3. Screen too bright, no contrast
    By Stormpigeon in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-12-2014, 08:14 PM
  4. ASUS Fonepad 7 (FE170CG) hang on asus logo
    By 12-14 in forum ASUS Fonepad 7
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-12-2014, 07:07 PM
  5. camera faied error after root on sprint galaxy s3
    By Christopher Digiacomo in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-12-2014, 06:42 PM

Posting Permissions