Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    pbc

Global Posts
    199 Global Posts

Default Not fetching attachments from exchange work email?

So out of the blue my Nexus 5 has decided to just hang at 0% when fetching attachments in any email on my work account which is an exchange server. I can open files in any other email (Gmail accounts, Hotmail, yahoo) but not via my work acct?

Have tried rebooting the phone with no luck.

Any ideas?

Tx

Default Re: Not fetching attachments from exchange work email?

I gave up on the stock Email app for Exchange accounts and switched a while ago to Touchdown HD ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....honey.nitroid ) which I really liked a lot until I tried Nine - Exchange ActiveSync ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...inefolders.hd3 ) which I like even more. At the current discounted price of $9.99, I highly recommend it.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    pbc

Global Posts
    199 Global Posts

Thanks, what is the advantage of the paid version over the free version? Edit - nm ... see that it's free for 2 weeks then the charge applies!

I tried TouchDownHD for a bit but unfortunately there were some issues with my works' version of MFST Exchange and how the calendar app interacted with it.

Does Nine utilize a Calendar within the application or is it just email? Edit - and now see it simply integrates with the existing calendar which is disappointing (can't see other people's calendar slots which was the initial draw in TouchDown but not supported due to the Exchange server we use).

Quote Originally Posted by pbc View Post
    Thanks, what is the advantage of the paid version over the free version? Edit - nm ... see that it's free for 2 weeks then the charge applies!

I tried TouchDownHD for a bit but unfortunately there were some issues with my works' version of MFST Exchange and how the calendar app interacted with it.

Does Nine utilize a Calendar within the application or is it just email? Edit - and now see it simply integrates with the existing calendar which is disappointing (can't see other people's calendar slots which was the initial draw in TouchDown but not supported due to the Exchange server we use).
    Nine integrates your Exchange calendar into the device's main (Google) calendar, using a different color for the entries. As to lacking the ability to display shared calendars, everything I read says this is not a Nine (or even Touchdown) limitation but an ActiveSync limitation.

You CAN sync multiple personal calendars with Nine, but not shared calendars

Quote Originally Posted by pbc View Post
    So out of the blue my Nexus 5 has decided to just hang at 0% when fetching attachments in any email on my work account which is an exchange server. I can open files in any other email (Gmail accounts, Hotmail, yahoo) but not via my work acct?

Have tried rebooting the phone with no luck.

Any ideas?

Tx
    Check out the screenshots.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk