Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Brian Low
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Should I update to 4.4.4?

Just got another replacement from Google and this time my radios seem to be fine. However, I read online that 4.4.4 might have caused problems with the radios. Anyone wanna chime in?

Posted via the Android Central App

Default Re: Should I update to 4.4.4?

Not that I'm aware of. But I've generally been lucky. Let's see what others have to say.

Didn't got any problems either

You can flash the 4.4.4 ROM through recovery without changing your radio if your worried about it.

I haven't had any issues.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Okay 4.4.4 seems to be working fine. Guess the radios were just defective on my replacement device.

B. Diddy likes this.

Can we get a yay or nay on wether this update completely borked the battery and etc.? And if so, why hasn't google done anything about it yet? You'd figure they'd care about that stuff in their own damn phone.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by RavenSword View Post
    Can we get a yay or nay on wether this update completely borked the battery and etc.? And if so, why hasn't google done anything about it yet? You'd figure they'd care about that stuff in their own damn phone.
    I've been on 4.4.4 for a couple of days on my new device. My hours are OK. I get Atleast 13 or 14 hours of time on with about 2 to 3 hours of on screen time. For my first nexus 5 I felt that 4.4.4 ruined my battery. It would only last around 10 hours with maybe an hour or 2 with on screen time. But usage varies between people. I'd like to think I'm a moderate to sort of heavyish user since I use my phone for Spotify most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Low View Post
    I've been on 4.4.4 for a couple of days on my new device. My hours are OK. I get Atleast 13 or 14 hours of time on with about 2 to 3 hours of on screen time. For my first nexus 5 I felt that 4.4.4 ruined my battery. It would only last around 10 hours with maybe an hour or 2 with on screen time. But usage varies between people. I'd like to think I'm a moderate to sort of heavyish user since I use my phone for Spotify most of the time.

But again, it really seems like enough people are having issues that I'm surprised Google hasn't stated that there looking into it. makes it look like they dont care.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by RavenSword View Post
    But again, it really seems like enough people are having issues that I'm surprised Google hasn't stated that there looking into it. makes it look like they dont care.
    Maybe android L is a workaround it. Project Volta, according to early adopters, seem to be working wonders on their nexus.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Low View Post
    Maybe android L is a workaround it. Project Volta, according to early adopters, seem to be working wonders on their nexus.

Is the increase only when the power saver is on though? Because that limits functionality a lot when that's on.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Not sure tbh. You'll probably have to do some digging around in the Android L forums. For me on 4.4.4 I have essentially everything turned on throughout the day. I like having full functionality and not have to worry about digging into the settings and remembering to turn something on and off every time.