Do You Use a Case on Your Nexus 5?

Blaize19

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I use a wallet case with the smart cover feature when I'm out, for the convenience and a little protection. Naked at home.

Posted via my Nexus 5 via the Android Central App

Teejai80

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
just started using a wallet case as well, coming from the official lg flip case. love the convenience of not having to take my phone and wallet. just wish the case wasn't so big on the back.

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I bought the official google bumper case for the phone, my wife now has it and its a blessing. The phone goes through some pretty tough journeys in her hand bag. I had the black Nexus 5, bought the bright red case - she told me it looked like bright pink lol, so I ended up giving her the phone :) I'm sure she bullied me into it

ianhanson85

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
I use a wallet case with the smart cover feature when I'm out, for the convenience and a little protection. Naked at home.

Posted via my Nexus 5 via the Android Central App

I've been interested in getting something like this. Which case do you use?

Posted via Android Central App

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I use and recommend a Ringke Fusion case, since I got it my Nexus just fell 2 times and the case is doing a wonderful job. Every phone gets hot when we're playing games or doing too much stuff, and I don't feel it getting hotter than when I didn't have the case on it, I even feel it less hot due to the case, bc I'm holding the case instead of the "phone". The case is good looking btw.

32gig

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone used those skins from slickwraps on their nexus 5's? Just saw them the other day and was looking for some input on them.

Teejai80

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
6uretara.jpg

I can recommend the cruzerlite wallet case, just be prepared for some extra thickness. Phone is nice and safe inside though. Lol.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

MalachyNG

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I've been using this case I got from amazon: Amazon.com: Aduro Shell Holster Combo Case for Google LG Nexus 5 with Kick-Stand & Belt Clip (AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, US Cellular & Sprint): Cell Phones & Accessories

it comes with a holster that I've never used. I mostly got it because I had a similar case with a Droid 3 and loved the kickstand and the grip of it (the Droid 3 had a very similar soft touch plastic as my black nexus 5).What I like about it is that it has a small lip on the top to protect the screen if you drop it face down but it doesn't cover the top or bottom so that you aren't dealing with badly designed cutouts for the charger, microphone or headphone jack like with some 3rd party Nexus 4 bumpers I've bought.

just bacon

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
I use a I-Blason Armor box. I have a tendency of dropping phones and cracking screens, like on my Samsung galaxy nexus.

bjrosen

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
It's not your imagination about the N5 getting slower when it's hot, it automatically drops it's clock rate to reduce power consumption when it's hot. You can see this if you AnTuTu. I just ran AnTuTu twice, once in free air and once with the phone on top of a freezer pak. In free air it came in at 18,125, with the freezer pak it was 20,720.

BTW I use a TPC case on mine. I've not han any overheating problems and the performance is fine (runnign Android L with Nova Launcher set to faster than light).

salmanahmad

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
It's not your imagination about the N5 getting slower when it's hot, it automatically drops it's clock rate to reduce power consumption when it's hot. You can see this if you AnTuTu. I just ran AnTuTu twice, once in free air and once with the phone on top of a freezer pak. In free air it came in at 18,125, with the freezer pak it was 20,720.

BTW I use a TPC case on mine. I've not han any overheating problems and the performance is fine (runnign Android L with Nova Launcher set to faster than light).

How is performance of Android L in apps like Tapatalk?

And Google boasted 8 megapixel bursts at 30 FPS, how is the camera speed? :D

beanznrice

May 27, 2012
Visit site
Spigen Neo Hybrid since day 1. Only recently the outer shell cracked near the speaker because of so many times i would remove the case. If you plan on getting one just keep in mind it will lose its durability upon removal.

FreeFool

May 3, 2013
Visit site
Spigen Slim Armor, not had any issues, except the extra bulk. I would take bulk over a broken phone any day. Never invested that much money in a case before but its worth it. I do like the original feel of my devices but i accept the bulk in exchange for protection.

I have only experienced a little heat when playing the CSI game, otherwise nothing out of the ordinary.