Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By B. Diddy
  • 2 Post By jaymzb0nd
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Can't see my phone anymore as a drive on my PC

I've always been able to connect my phone to my PC with a USB cable and have a folder pop up which would allow me to transfer files but for some reason I can't anymore.

When I connect the USB, my PC makes a noise like when a device has been connected and my phone says "connected as a media device" but I still can't see the folder. The phone is set to connect as Media Device (MTP), not a Camera (PTP). Any ideas on what is causing this? Thanks.

Default Re: Can't see my phone anymore as a drive on my PC

If you open the Computer app in your OS, does the phone show up as a Portable Device? If so, when you try to access it there, can you see the contents?

If the two tests above are successful, then you might have just turned AutoPlay off for this device. You can change that in the Windows Control Panel.

Did this just start happening after the recent slew of Windows Updates? There was a bad update pushed by Microsoft that messed up USB connectivity for Android devices. See my post here for more info: Nexus 5 connecting via USB as wrong device
    SpookDroid likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thanks guys. Diddy, you were right. I followed your instructions and it worked.
    SpookDroid and B. Diddy like this.