Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By eprpalmeida
  • 1 Post By madhuram5
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default My Nexus 5 keeps turning off

Hi, I've bought a Nexus 5 on February and it was working flawlessly since 2 days ago. I wasn't doing anything, it had 50% of battery but it turned off. I turned it on and yesterday it went off and when I tried to turn it on, it kept 2 seconds on with the Google logo and it went off, and then on, and then off, without me trying to turn it on! I went to the recovery mode and it shows an android with a red triangle saying "No command". My Nexus is stock, didn't root it, Android 4.4.4. What do I do? When I finally turn it on, it says there is no space to do that action (11gb free) and there is no Carrier signal. How do I factory reset it with the "No command" error?

Default Re: My Nexus 5 keeps turning off

Welcome to Android Central! Hmm, that doesn't sound good. Try booting into Recovery Mode and wipe the cache partition. [GUIDE] Nexus 5 Recovery. If that doesn't help, then try doing a factory reset from that menu.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Hi Diddy! Finally made the wipe cache and now it looks like the problem has been solved! Let's see and wait, if the problem still persists, i'm gonna factory reset it. Thanks!
    B. Diddy likes this.

Same here, exact same issue, same phone same circumstances. Very, very perplexing.

Global Posts
    10,179 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Herrick View Post
    Same here, exact same issue, same phone same circumstances. Very, very perplexing.
    Have you tried the recommendations provided above?

Hello! i have the same problem..i tried your recommendations and the problem persist...

I had this happen a few days ago.

I was on a call, then the call dropped. I looked at the phone and it was blinking from the home screen and the call screen then just shut off. I turned it on and when at the home screen, it blinked from the home screen and the lock screen a few times and shut off.. It did this 3 times, but hasn't done it again.

Unhappy Re: My Nexus 5 keeps turning off

Okay, did the restore and the factory reset, and it is still starting and stopping. Also, WiFi and Bluetooth will not start. Took to fixit shop and they could not find any problems. Have ordered a new battery will see what that will do - if anything.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefig View Post
    Okay, did the restore and the factory reset, and it is still starting and stopping. Also, WiFi and Bluetooth will not start. Took to fixit shop and they could not find any problems. Have ordered a new battery will see what that will do - if anything.

Has your issue solved after new battery...???

Has your issue solved after placing new battery

Global Posts
    10,179 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Quote Originally Posted by madhuram5 View Post
    Has your issue solved after placing new battery
    If Google won't replace the battery under the warranty, you can try replacing it yourself. There are a handful of how-to videos, and the battery seems to be easy to replace with minimal removal of the existing components.

Same here. It's gotten to the point I can't use it. Turns off after about 10 minutes on even with full charge. A normal hold down the power button doesn't work. If I'm lucky I play with it for 20 minutes and get it started in bootloader mode and press start. Then half the time it turns off or freezes on the google animation screen..

I've tried everything. Clear the cache. Flash factory images over and over. At best it stays on for like an hour then I go to wake the screen and it's completely dead...

Newest issue is my IMEI says 0 now after I flashed 5.0.1. Lol.. Just can't win!

I haven't tried a new battery. I got the battery out and reconnected it thinking that was it but it's not.

I have yet to find rhyme or reason to this.

Posted via the Android Central App

I'm having the same issue. Shut downs at 60% of remaining battery.

Cleared the cache but through Wi-Fi, battery is getting drained so quickly.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My Nexus 5 keeps turning off-screenshot2014-12-17-03-38-08gao9j.jpg   My Nexus 5 keeps turning off-screenshot2014-12-17-11-39-07.jpg  

I went through the same issue and I can tell you NOTHING WORKS EXCEPT A REPLACEMENT.

Posted via the Android Central App

Just got an update 5.0.1 today. So, I'll check and let you know if the same problem's still coming or not.

Quote Originally Posted by srkmagnus View Post
    If Google won't replace the battery under the warranty, you can try replacing it yourself. There are a handful of how-to videos, and the battery seems to be easy to replace with minimal removal of the existing components.

I replaced my battery...... And the problem solved........ But my nexus is degraded at lg service center and I can't see Android 5 update

Global Posts
    10,179 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Quote Originally Posted by madhuram5 View Post
    I replaced my battery...... And the problem solved........ But my nexus is degraded at lg service center and I can't see Android 5 update
    What do you mean by degraded? If you mean that it's no longer seeing the update notification, then be patient because it will be sent back to your device soon.

Hmm, so if we've wiped the cache and done a factory reset with no luck, has it been deduced that we need to replace the battery?