How I reduced battery drain

Birk Binnard

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Yesterday I shot about 2 GB of videos (5 files) at an outdoor concert. My Google+ Autosynch is set to upload/synch only when I have a WiFi connection, so when I got home my phone started to upload 2 GB of data. Of course I was unaware of this.

When I looked at the phone later it was down to 22% battery. Just a few hours before it was at 94%. So I realized I had to do something about the auto-upload. After some searching I found there is an option that says "Only synchronize when connected to a power source" (or something like that.) So I checked that and now I can be safe from large auto-uploads.

surrealjam

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
re:

As an added bonus, this means any crap shots you take while connected to WiFi don't get automatically backed up before you've managed to delete them. That always annoyed me...

Buddy1969

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
re:

Erm ... excuse my asking, but it it really a surprise, that polling the internet costs batterypower? I fail to see, what is such a surprise here, but maybe I didn't understand what the posting was about. *scratching my head* so what's the fuss about what?? :confused:

Benjamin_NYC

Banned
May 15, 2014
Visit site
re:

Erm ... excuse my asking, but it it really a surprise, that polling the internet costs batterypower? I fail to see, what is such a surprise here, but maybe I didn't understand what the posting was about. *scratching my head* so what's the fuss about what?? :confused:

While that is not a surprise, many probably didn't know that you could delay upload until you were on a charger.

Posted via Android Central App