Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 6 Post By Birk Binnard
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How I reduced battery drain

Yesterday I shot about 2 GB of videos (5 files) at an outdoor concert. My Google+ Autosynch is set to upload/synch only when I have a WiFi connection, so when I got home my phone started to upload 2 GB of data. Of course I was unaware of this.

When I looked at the phone later it was down to 22% battery. Just a few hours before it was at 94%. So I realized I had to do something about the auto-upload. After some searching I found there is an option that says "Only synchronize when connected to a power source" (or something like that.) So I checked that and now I can be safe from large auto-uploads.

Default re:

Thanks for the tip!

Global Posts
    270 Global Posts

Awesome, that has been bothering me for ages!

Default re:

As an added bonus, this means any crap shots you take while connected to WiFi don't get automatically backed up before you've managed to delete them. That always annoyed me...

Default re:

Erm ... excuse my asking, but it it really a surprise, that polling the internet costs batterypower? I fail to see, what is such a surprise here, but maybe I didn't understand what the posting was about. *scratching my head* so what's the fuss about what??

Default re:

That's why I always made sure I deleted the crap ones before I connected my n5 to wifi. :P
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,898 Global Posts

Default re:

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy1969 View Post
    Erm ... excuse my asking, but it it really a surprise, that polling the internet costs batterypower? I fail to see, what is such a surprise here, but maybe I didn't understand what the posting was about. *scratching my head* so what's the fuss about what??
    While that is not a surprise, many probably didn't know that you could delay upload until you were on a charger.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    107 Global Posts

Default re:

Nice tip, thanks!