Should I be worried about my Nexus 5 battery?

salmanahmad

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
1409272572805.jpg
1409272582945.jpg

I know that Nexus 5 doesn't have the greatest battery however I am confident Google will improve on this with Android L.

But ATM with heavy usage, I get only 5 to 6 hours of usage. Is this normal?

anon(826501)

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
View attachment 134497
View attachment 134498

I know that Nexus 5 doesn't have the greatest battery however I am confident Google will improve on this with Android L.

But ATM with heavy usage, I get only 5 to 6 hours of usage. Is this normal?

Settings> Location ( turn it off ). Settings > Data ( turn it off ). Check out the screenshots. Good luck.
ujyvusu2.jpg
emehajun.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

jj14x

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Settings> Location ( turn it off ). Settings > Data ( turn it off ).

For many, that would Kinda kills most of the reasons to have an Android smartphone.
No Location? Unreliable Google Now
No Data? For me, that kinda defeats one of the the main reasons to get a smartphone

salmanahmad

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
I've thanked all of you, I am pretty sure Google will improve on this but I just wanted to be sure if the battery wasn't damaged or something. Thanks again!

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
How about just not having a smartphone in the first place then?

Posted via Android Central App

It pains me to think of how few people in these forums have actually ever used rotary... But on a serious note, with its 1000mAH battery I bet this thing would get AMAZING battery life.

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Biggest difference for me was the WiFi... If u have your WiFi on .. Turning it so it would be off during sleep made the biggest difference. In fact WiFi on/off in general on my n5 makes a big difference. Settings>WiFi>advanced- WiFi during sleep/optimize

Posted via the Android Central App

ianhanson85

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
Biggest difference for me was the WiFi... If u have your WiFi on .. Turning it so it would be off during sleep made the biggest difference. In fact WiFi on/off in general on my n5 makes a big difference. Settings>WiFi>advanced- WiFi during sleep/optimize

Posted via the Android Central App

Good tip, thanks. I usually always have my WiFi on. Going to give this a try.

Posted via Android Central App

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eCAhyJE3UE

It pains me to think of how few people in these forums have actually ever used rotary... But on a serious note, with its 1000mAH battery I bet this thing would get AMAZING battery life.

You're being sarcastic, right? 1000mAh is next to nothing. But I thought the phone came with a 2300mAh battery which is still only nominal. For my GNex I was able to buy a 3800 mAh battery and with that I barely get all day usage with background data restricted. Unfortunately the Nexus battery isn't replaceable.

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
You're being sarcastic, right? 1000mAh is next to nothing. But I thought the phone came with a 2300mAh battery which is still only nominal. For my GNex I was able to buy a 3800 mAh battery and with that I barely get all day usage with background data restricted. Unfortunately the Nexus battery isn't replaceable.

I was referring to the battery in the device in the video, which would be more than ample given the simplicity of the phone and the tiny screen. But man, it would take forever to actually send a text on that thing...

It's only in the past several years that our expectation of a phone's battery life has dropped to such abysmal lows...

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
It's only in the past several years that our expectation of a phone's battery life has dropped to such abysmal lows...

I've learned to keep a power source with me at all times, either a USB cord or a backup supply because using the camera for even a few photos drops my GNex battery from full to nil in minutes. I'm getting the Nexus 5 today. Woohoo!

salmanahmad

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
I've learned to keep a power source with me at all times, either a USB cord or a backup supply because using the camera for even a few photos drops my GNex battery from full to nil in minutes. I'm getting the Nexus 5 today. Woohoo!

Great phone man, no complaints here apart from the battery(which will be improved in Android L).

You are going to love the device. :)

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site

Grats! You'll love the phone. As to battery, if you're a heavy user you'll still want to keep some charging options handy, but the 'standard' steps you can take will help (i.e., go into developer options and enable ART instead of Dalvik, lower screen brightness, turn off bluetooth/wifi/gps if/when you aren't using them (though it's worthwhile to note that data over WiFi is less of a drain than over the cell network), etc).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance