- 621 Posts
Why do Nexus 5 to Nexus 5 calls on T-Mobile sound so fantastic?
Is there something to this? My Nexus 5 is on T-Mobile. Calls from my girlfriend 's Droid Razr Maxx on Verizon sound like your typical cell phone crap. Calls from my cousin who also has a Nexus 5 on T-Mobile, however, sound ridiculously clear and precise. It's more like a Hangouts call via my desktop. Has anyone else noticed a difference? I didn't think the Nexus 5 could do HD voice.
- Best AnswerSep 21 2014 | 12:39 pm EDT
- 08-28-2014, 10:21 PM #2
- 08-29-2014, 02:32 PM #3Banned
- 2,924 Posts
- Perma-rooted and unlocked
It's just HD voice. It's not a Nexus specific thing, but I agree...calls to another Nexus 5 on T-Mobile are the only times I have heard it so far. And yeah, it is awesome. The calls have actual bass, which is weird to hear on a phone call.
HD voice requires support for both the carrier and the hardware, which is why it's not widespread yet.
- 08-29-2014, 04:00 PM #5
- 08-31-2014, 02:39 PM #6
- 09-03-2014, 09:54 PM #7
- 09-03-2014, 10:01 PM #8
- 1,304 Posts
I can tell the differences when I call my friend with a Nexus 5 over T-Mobile but most high end phones all sound pretty good that have come out in the last year over T-Mobile. My friends S5 on T-Mobile is also clear. I sure can hear a lower quality when talking to a lot of other phones like my wife's 2 year old cell phone.
- 09-21-2014, 12:39 PM #9
- 09-23-2014, 02:53 PM #10
What phone are you coming from? Why did you decide to buy this phone? What made you think maybe not?By Pseu in forum OnePlus OneReplies: 36Last Post: 10-02-2014, 08:42 PM
- By WildDragonfly in forum Google Nexus 4Replies: 4Last Post: 09-26-2014, 05:56 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 09-24-2014, 06:33 PM
- By kaniabn in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 1Last Post: 09-23-2014, 10:52 PM
- By fettski in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 4Replies: 1Last Post: 09-23-2014, 02:26 PM