Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 8 of 8
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By mariusfilip
  • 2 Post By jj14x
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Question Nexus 5 not switching to ART runtime

    I've been trying to switch my Nexus 5 to the ART runtime from Dalvik and every time I select yes to switching the runtime from libdvm.so to libart.so it sticks on Dalvik and won't change. I've switched to ART runtime before but I've rooted by device and unlocked the bootloader since then. Any ideas on how to switch to ART? Thanks.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Nexus 5 not switching to ART runtime

    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Bang View Post
    I've been trying to switch my Nexus 5 to the ART runtime from Dalvik and every time I select yes to switching the runtime from libdvm.so to libart.so it sticks on Dalvik and won't change. I've switched to ART runtime before but I've rooted by device and unlocked the bootloader since then. Any ideas on how to switch to ART? Thanks.
    xposed framework is known for incompatibility with ART,if you don't have it installed, maybe a factory reset might help you, make sure you make a nandroid backup(i reccomend TWRP) in case things go wrong
  3. #3  
    bjrosen's Avatar

    Posts
    617 Posts
    Global Posts
    624 Global Posts

    Default Re: Nexus 5 not switching to ART runtime

    Are you using Xposed? Xposed prevents the N5 from switching to ART because it doesn't support it. If you want to use ART a better way is to install the Android L preview, The version of ART that's in Kit Kat is preliminary, the version in Android L preview is closer to what it will be when Android L is released.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: Nexus 5 not switching to ART runtime

    Quote Originally Posted by bjrosen View Post
    Are you using Xposed? Xposed prevents the N5 from switching to ART because it doesn't support it. If you want to use ART a better way is to install the Android L preview, The version of ART that's in Kit Kat is preliminary, the version in Android L preview is closer to what it will be when Android L is released.
    I tried uninstalling Xposed Installer but it still won't update to ART runtime.
  5. #5  
    srkmagnus's Avatar

    Posts
    13,375 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,381 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

    Default Re: Nexus 5 not switching to ART runtime

    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Bang View Post
    I tried uninstalling Xposed Installer but it still won't update to ART runtime.
    There may still be leftover files from Xposed. Factory reset then try switching. Be sure to backup beforehand so you don't lose important data, eg text messages.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Nexus 5 not switching to ART runtime

    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Bang View Post
    I tried uninstalling Xposed Installer but it still won't update to ART runtime.
    before uninstalling xposed you have to UNINSTALL all the modules,one by one,not just disable...you could install xposed one more time, go to modules, there may be some installed, you properly uninstall them, then you uninstall the main xposed framework, if that doesn't work...i think factory reset is the only solution,as the post above says
    srkmagnus likes this.
  7. #7  
    jj14x's Avatar

    Posts
    991 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,017 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

    Default Re: Nexus 5 not switching to ART runtime

    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Bang View Post
    I tried uninstalling Xposed Installer but it still won't update to ART runtime.
    Uninstalling XPosed installer is not the same as uninstalling XPosed.
    You need to go into the settings for XPosed, and "uninstall" from there. That will revert the file that was modified. Then, you may uninstall XPosed if you like (not required - it won't cause any issue).
    Since you have uninstalled XPosed, reinstall it, and then, go into the settings for Xposed and click the uninstall button from there. You do not need to remove the modules - they just won't work without Xposed.
    srkmagnus and chris.moses like this.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Nexus 5 not switching to ART runtime

    Quote Originally Posted by jj14x View Post
    Uninstalling XPosed installer is not the same as uninstalling XPosed.
    You need to go into the settings for XPosed, and "uninstall" from there. That will revert the file that was modified. Then, you may uninstall XPosed if you like (not required - it won't cause any issue).
    Since you have uninstalled XPosed, reinstall it, and then, go into the settings for Xposed and click the uninstall button from there. You do not need to remove the modules - they just won't work without Xposed.
    Thanks this worked for me. I'd installed XPosed and removed it through the apps control panel. Reinstalled it and then removed it through the unistall feature in XPosed and my N5 is now doing the ART "optimizing apps" thing.

Similar Threads

  1. Unlocked a ATT Note 3 and swapped to Tmoble
    By josney in forum T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-10-2014, 10:18 AM
  2. Apple really does try to manipulate the media
    By JeffDenver in forum Phone Wars
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-09-2014, 04:14 AM
  3. Cant use ART after hard reset LG G3
    By st3velj in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-31-2014, 05:18 AM
  4. network not registered
    By shaioz in forum Samsung Galaxy S3
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-29-2014, 10:02 PM
  5. Subscribed Google Calendar's not syncing with EVO 4G LTE
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-29-2014, 04:18 PM

Posting Permissions