Google Now not showing travel cards

03_CTD

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
I was receiving them until recently. Then they were gone. I made no changes to the phone (new apps, settings, etc) at the time they disappeared. My "navigate to" never worked for either home or work but, I have never had an issue with the cards until now.

I entered both my home and work address again, toggled Google Now off and on and set everything up again, double checked that my preferred method of travel was car, made sure the settings were the same in maps as well, cleared cache for Google search app....so far nothing has worked.

If anyone can think of anything I've missed or could offer any help I would certainly appreciate it. I commute every day and rely on those cards. "Show traffic" command just doesn't quite offer the same info at a glance.

Thanks.

Oh........I will see a travel card every second day or so for "a new place". I've answered both yes and no to the " do you care about travel time to this place " question with no change. It's like it wants to offer me travel cards but doesn't register my home or work addresses??? I'm stumped!!

Thanks again.

Edit: Also noticing that I've begun to receive weather updates for home despite the option having always been (and still is) toggled off in settings. Weather updates for work have always been present even if I change my work address to a different city. Card reflects the change immediately. Not really an issue just extra info for anyone who thinks they might have some help to offer.

Last edited:

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Have you opened the Google Now settings and selected which cards you want to display?

Check those settings and let us know if you have the appropriate cards enabled.

03_CTD

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
I believe so. Display travel time is set to yes. As is display weather and display weather for work, both which function properly. Display weather for home is set to no yet I get that card anyhow. Mode of transportation is still set to driving as well.

03_CTD

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
Yes both location history and location reporting are turned on and set to the account that corresponds with the one I'm using for Google Now.

03_CTD

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
Bump!! Anyone? Google search on this issue yields very little and essentially nothing that I haven't already tried. I can't be the only one with Google Now issues, can I??

Aaron Webster

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
do you have your home location and work or other locations set in you Google Now settings? Is your work schedule consistent enough for Google now to suggest travel cards at helpful times?

03_CTD

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
Home and work locations are the only addresses I have set in Google Now settings. My work schedule is very regular (nearly identical 6-7 days a week)so I would be surprised if that was the issue.

When I initially set up Google Now it would offer me travel cards to home or work most of the day until it learned my schedule. Then it would offer me the cards only at the appropriate times. Lately it continues to not offer me any at all regardless of address changes or toggling Google Now and running through the set up process again. Still stumped!!

jvai

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I was receiving them until recently. Then they were gone. I made no changes to the phone (new apps, settings, etc) at the time they disappeared. My "navigate to" never worked for either home or work but, I have never had an issue with the cards until now.

I entered both my home and work address again, toggled Google Now off and on and set everything up again, double checked that my preferred method of travel was car, made sure the settings were the same in maps as well, cleared cache for Google search app....so far nothing has worked.

If anyone can think of anything I've missed or could offer any help I would certainly appreciate it. I commute every day and rely on those cards. "Show traffic" command just doesn't quite offer the same info at a glance.

Thanks.

Oh........I will see a travel card every second day or so for "a new place". I've answered both yes and no to the " do you care about travel time to this place " question with no change. It's like it wants to offer me travel cards but doesn't register my home or work addresses??? I'm stumped!!

Thanks again.

Edit: Also noticing that I've begun to receive weather updates for home despite the option having always been (and still is) toggled off in settings. Weather updates for work have always been present even if I change my work address to a different city. Card reflects the change immediately. Not really an issue just extra info for anyone who thinks they might have some help to offer.

I've noticed this also, off & on for maybe a week, I use public transportation in dc to & from work, & I rarely go straight home;

there were a few times where I've found myself waay off the beaten path, late night, once some where in s.w dc, (coming from a nats game, which we lost by one point) so instead of taking the subway, I wanted to take the bus to the nearest blue line stop -

google now failed me over, so I did an old school trick before the days of google now - I toggled the maps, & zoomed in to my location with transportation checked, it showed me the timing for the v12..

only when i closed it, & re-opened google now, did it populate the public transportation within my immediate vicinity..

?.. I'm wondering if there's a loose screw with maps / location & google now right now, when it comes to getting this info..

dkreeg

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
When in Customize Google Now under "Everything Else" there is setting 'Continue to get updates about travel time'....is that set to yes?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Bradley Garrett

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem with my Nexus 5 with the exception that I don't even have the Travel Time card in my settings to turn on & off. It was there at least an update or two ago, but now it's gone. I get traffic updates in the notification bar, but when I select it, the system takes me to Google Now, but there's no card being displayed or opened. I've searched several forums and can't find an answer. I've tried uninstalling updates, clearing Google Search data, clearing map data and no luck.

vwyankee

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem with my Nexus 5 with the exception that I don't even have the Travel Time card in my settings to turn on & off. It was there at least an update or two ago, but now it's gone. I get traffic updates in the notification bar, but when I select it, the system takes me to Google Now, but there's no card being displayed or opened. I've searched several forums and can't find an answer. I've tried uninstalling updates, clearing Google Search data, clearing map data and no luck.
Likewise here with a Moto X on Republic. No more traffic card even though I am getting notifications. I can't for the life of me find any settings related to any of the Google Now cards. I know they used to be somewhere. I'm no Android n00b either, but this sure is making me feel like one!

bardsleyb

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
The same thing happens on my Note III. I have a notification in my bar showing the time to home, or time to work, but when you click it, the travel card is not there. Every other card is there, but my travel card is NEVER there at ANY time of day. THIS IS SO FRUSTRATING! I have deleted my work and home locations and added them back again, toggled location services on and off again, cleared the app cache for Google search, set wifi locations to tell Google which SSID's were work and which was home to tell it even MORE where I was, and I have turned Google now off and back on again. Coincidentally, I have another Android Device, the LG G2 for work and the SAME THING happens on it now. Both of these phones would show me the traffic card around travel time each day, and now neither phone alerts me to traffic any longer. What am I missing here?

Brandon

alvarorojas4

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
The same thing happens on my Note III. I have a notification in my bar showing the time to home, or time to work, but when you click it, the travel card is not there. Every other card is there, but my travel card is NEVER there at ANY time of day. THIS IS SO FRUSTRATING! I have deleted my work and home locations and added them back again, toggled location services on and off again, cleared the app cache for Google search, set wifi locations to tell Google which SSID's were work and which was home to tell it even MORE where I was, and I have turned Google now off and back on again. Coincidentally, I have another Android Device, the LG G2 for work and the SAME THING happens on it now. Both of these phones would show me the traffic card around travel time each day, and now neither phone alerts me to traffic any longer. What am I missing here?

Brandon
I'm Having the exact same problem.
I get the notification, and click on it and nothing appears in Google now.
:(

motorcycle_monkey

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Same here. My travel card has been hit and miss for a couple of months. Today I got a notification, but when I opened it, nothing in Now.

Posted via the Android Central App from my Moto Droid Maxx

plaktoets

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
Registered on this board just for this. I'm subscribing to this thread in case of any follow up.
I am having the exact same issue as described above (using a Nexus 5) and it's driving me nuts.

I am also getting the usual traffic alert notifications in case of delays but when i click the notification it brings me to gnow, but there's no card.
Also when searching for an adress in maps, or an adress in an agenda appointment, it used to show me a card, but no more.
I am having the same issue on both my Nexus 5 and Nexus 10 so it must be account related. I've been searching for a solution for weeks now but no luck so far.

I have checked the following:
home and work adresses are set (i've even tried changing them, to no avail)
continue to get travel updates is set to ON
locations is set to high accuracy
cleared data and cache of google search (twice)

At least it's good to see that im not alone and more users are reporting this issue. It must be a serious google now bug.

Could we team up and open a ticket on the google product forum and try to get Google's attention?

eggbomb

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Lost travel update card myself and this thread was top search result. Tried everything mentioned above but all my settings were set approptiately in google now. Have since managed to get the card to show again by disabling and reenabling location in phone settings and clicking accept on t's & c's. Hope this may work for other people with the same issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci