Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 41
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    03_CTD's Avatar

    Posts
    9 Posts
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts

    Default

    I was receiving them until recently. Then they were gone. I made no changes to the phone (new apps, settings, etc) at the time they disappeared. My "navigate to" never worked for either home or work but, I have never had an issue with the cards until now.

    I entered both my home and work address again, toggled Google Now off and on and set everything up again, double checked that my preferred method of travel was car, made sure the settings were the same in maps as well, cleared cache for Google search app....so far nothing has worked.

    If anyone can think of anything I've missed or could offer any help I would certainly appreciate it. I commute every day and rely on those cards. "Show traffic" command just doesn't quite offer the same info at a glance.

    Thanks.

    Oh........I will see a travel card every second day or so for "a new place". I've answered both yes and no to the " do you care about travel time to this place " question with no change. It's like it wants to offer me travel cards but doesn't register my home or work addresses??? I'm stumped!!

    Thanks again.

    Edit: Also noticing that I've begun to receive weather updates for home despite the option having always been (and still is) toggled off in settings. Weather updates for work have always been present even if I change my work address to a different city. Card reflects the change immediately. Not really an issue just extra info for anyone who thinks they might have some help to offer.
    jvai and akuki like this.
  2. #2  
    srkmagnus's Avatar

    Posts
    13,375 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,381 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

    Default Re: Google Now not showing travel cards

    Have you opened the Google Now settings and selected which cards you want to display?

    Check those settings and let us know if you have the appropriate cards enabled.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    03_CTD's Avatar

    Posts
    9 Posts
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts

    Default Re: Google Now not showing travel cards

    I believe so. Display travel time is set to yes. As is display weather and display weather for work, both which function properly. Display weather for home is set to no yet I get that card anyhow. Mode of transportation is still set to driving as well.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Google Now not showing travel cards

    Location History is enabled?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  
    03_CTD's Avatar

    Posts
    9 Posts
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts

    Default Re: Google Now not showing travel cards

    Yes both location history and location reporting are turned on and set to the account that corresponds with the one I'm using for Google Now.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  
    03_CTD's Avatar

    Posts
    9 Posts
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts

    Default Re: Google Now not showing travel cards

    Bump!! Anyone? Google search on this issue yields very little and essentially nothing that I haven't already tried. I can't be the only one with Google Now issues, can I??
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Google Now not showing travel cards

    do you have your home location and work or other locations set in you Google Now settings? Is your work schedule consistent enough for Google now to suggest travel cards at helpful times?
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  
    03_CTD's Avatar

    Posts
    9 Posts
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts

    Default Re: Google Now not showing travel cards

    Home and work locations are the only addresses I have set in Google Now settings. My work schedule is very regular (nearly identical 6-7 days a week)so I would be surprised if that was the issue.

    When I initially set up Google Now it would offer me travel cards to home or work most of the day until it learned my schedule. Then it would offer me the cards only at the appropriate times. Lately it continues to not offer me any at all regardless of address changes or toggling Google Now and running through the set up process again. Still stumped!!
  9. #9  
    jvai's Avatar

    Posts
    145 Posts
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts

    Default Re: Google Now not showing travel cards

    Quote Originally Posted by 03_CTD View Post
    I was receiving them until recently. Then they were gone. I made no changes to the phone (new apps, settings, etc) at the time they disappeared. My "navigate to" never worked for either home or work but, I have never had an issue with the cards until now.

    I entered both my home and work address again, toggled Google Now off and on and set everything up again, double checked that my preferred method of travel was car, made sure the settings were the same in maps as well, cleared cache for Google search app....so far nothing has worked.

    If anyone can think of anything I've missed or could offer any help I would certainly appreciate it. I commute every day and rely on those cards. "Show traffic" command just doesn't quite offer the same info at a glance.

    Thanks.

    Oh........I will see a travel card every second day or so for "a new place". I've answered both yes and no to the " do you care about travel time to this place " question with no change. It's like it wants to offer me travel cards but doesn't register my home or work addresses??? I'm stumped!!

    Thanks again.

    Edit: Also noticing that I've begun to receive weather updates for home despite the option having always been (and still is) toggled off in settings. Weather updates for work have always been present even if I change my work address to a different city. Card reflects the change immediately. Not really an issue just extra info for anyone who thinks they might have some help to offer.

    I've noticed this also, off & on for maybe a week, I use public transportation in dc to & from work, & I rarely go straight home;

    there were a few times where I've found myself waay off the beaten path, late night, once some where in s.w dc, (coming from a nats game, which we lost by one point) so instead of taking the subway, I wanted to take the bus to the nearest blue line stop -

    google now failed me over, so I did an old school trick before the days of google now - I toggled the maps, & zoomed in to my location with transportation checked, it showed me the timing for the v12..

    only when i closed it, & re-opened google now, did it populate the public transportation within my immediate vicinity..

    ?.. I'm wondering if there's a loose screw with maps / location & google now right now, when it comes to getting this info..
  10. #10  
    dkreeg's Avatar

    Posts
    13 Posts
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts

    Default

    When in Customize Google Now under "Everything Else" there is setting 'Continue to get updates about travel time'....is that set to yes?

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  
    03_CTD's Avatar

    Posts
    9 Posts
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts

    Default Re: Google Now not showing travel cards

    Quote Originally Posted by dkreeg View Post
    When in Customize Google Now under "Everything Else" there is setting 'Continue to get updates about travel time'....is that set to yes?

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Yes.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Google Now not showing travel cards

    Hi,

    I have the same problem with my htc m8, but in my magic wand setting, i dont even have this option. Any thoughts anybody?
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Google Now not showing travel cards

    I have the same problem with my Nexus 5 with the exception that I don't even have the Travel Time card in my settings to turn on & off. It was there at least an update or two ago, but now it's gone. I get traffic updates in the notification bar, but when I select it, the system takes me to Google Now, but there's no card being displayed or opened. I've searched several forums and can't find an answer. I've tried uninstalling updates, clearing Google Search data, clearing map data and no luck.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Google Now not showing travel cards

    Quote Originally Posted by Bradley Garrett View Post
    I have the same problem with my Nexus 5 with the exception that I don't even have the Travel Time card in my settings to turn on & off. It was there at least an update or two ago, but now it's gone. I get traffic updates in the notification bar, but when I select it, the system takes me to Google Now, but there's no card being displayed or opened. I've searched several forums and can't find an answer. I've tried uninstalling updates, clearing Google Search data, clearing map data and no luck.
    Likewise here with a Moto X on Republic. No more traffic card even though I am getting notifications. I can't for the life of me find any settings related to any of the Google Now cards. I know they used to be somewhere. I'm no Android n00b either, but this sure is making me feel like one!
  15. #15  

    Angry Re: Google Now not showing travel cards

    The same thing happens on my Note III. I have a notification in my bar showing the time to home, or time to work, but when you click it, the travel card is not there. Every other card is there, but my travel card is NEVER there at ANY time of day. THIS IS SO FRUSTRATING! I have deleted my work and home locations and added them back again, toggled location services on and off again, cleared the app cache for Google search, set wifi locations to tell Google which SSID's were work and which was home to tell it even MORE where I was, and I have turned Google now off and back on again. Coincidentally, I have another Android Device, the LG G2 for work and the SAME THING happens on it now. Both of these phones would show me the traffic card around travel time each day, and now neither phone alerts me to traffic any longer. What am I missing here?

    Brandon
    alvarorojas4 likes this.
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Google Now not showing travel cards

    Quote Originally Posted by bardsleyb View Post
    The same thing happens on my Note III. I have a notification in my bar showing the time to home, or time to work, but when you click it, the travel card is not there. Every other card is there, but my travel card is NEVER there at ANY time of day. THIS IS SO FRUSTRATING! I have deleted my work and home locations and added them back again, toggled location services on and off again, cleared the app cache for Google search, set wifi locations to tell Google which SSID's were work and which was home to tell it even MORE where I was, and I have turned Google now off and back on again. Coincidentally, I have another Android Device, the LG G2 for work and the SAME THING happens on it now. Both of these phones would show me the traffic card around travel time each day, and now neither phone alerts me to traffic any longer. What am I missing here?

    Brandon
    I'm Having the exact same problem.
    I get the notification, and click on it and nothing appears in Google now.
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Google Now not showing travel cards

    Same here. My travel card has been hit and miss for a couple of months. Today I got a notification, but when I opened it, nothing in Now.

    Posted via the Android Central App from my Moto Droid Maxx
  18. #18  
    Mitalis's Avatar

    Posts
    113 Posts
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts

    Default Re: Google Now not showing travel cards

    Quote Originally Posted by motorcycle_monkey View Post
    Same here. My travel card has been hit and miss for a couple of months. Today I got a notification, but when I opened it, nothing in Now.

    Posted via the Android Central App from my Moto Droid Maxx
    Ditto
  19. #19  

    Default Re: Google Now not showing travel cards

    Registered on this board just for this. I'm subscribing to this thread in case of any follow up.
    I am having the exact same issue as described above (using a Nexus 5) and it's driving me nuts.

    I am also getting the usual traffic alert notifications in case of delays but when i click the notification it brings me to gnow, but there's no card.
    Also when searching for an adress in maps, or an adress in an agenda appointment, it used to show me a card, but no more.
    I am having the same issue on both my Nexus 5 and Nexus 10 so it must be account related. I've been searching for a solution for weeks now but no luck so far.

    I have checked the following:
    home and work adresses are set (i've even tried changing them, to no avail)
    continue to get travel updates is set to ON
    locations is set to high accuracy
    cleared data and cache of google search (twice)

    At least it's good to see that im not alone and more users are reporting this issue. It must be a serious google now bug.

    Could we team up and open a ticket on the google product forum and try to get Google's attention?
  20. #20  

    Default Re: Google Now not showing travel cards

    Lost travel update card myself and this thread was top search result. Tried everything mentioned above but all my settings were set approptiately in google now. Have since managed to get the card to show again by disabling and reenabling location in phone settings and clicking accept on t's & c's. Hope this may work for other people with the same issue.
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Google Now not showing travel cards

    Quote Originally Posted by eggbomb View Post
    Lost travel update card myself and this thread was top search result. Tried everything mentioned above but all my settings were set approptiately in google now. Have since managed to get the card to show again by disabling and reenabling location in phone settings and clicking accept on t's & c's. Hope this may work for other people with the same issue.
    I tried this and rebooting in between but still no travel card.
  22. #22  

    Default Re: Google Now not showing travel cards

    Do you have the app greenify installed ?
  23. #23  

    Default Re: Google Now not showing travel cards

    Quote Originally Posted by p0nk1n View Post
    Do you have the app greenify installed ?
    I'm sure I don't. I've never heard of it.
  24. #24  

    Default Re: Google Now not showing travel cards

    What I did to fix your issue is I went to the play store and uninstalled the Google app.
    I shutdown my Nexus 5, reopened it, reinstalled the Google app and everything is fine since then...
    I did that 2 weeks ago. After I reinstalled the app all my settings and preferences were still there.
  25. #25  

    Default Re: Google Now not showing travel cards

    Quote Originally Posted by p0nk1n View Post
    What I did to fix your issue is I went to the play store and uninstalled the Google app.
    I shutdown my Nexus 5, reopened it, reinstalled the Google app and everything is fine since then...
    I did that 2 weeks ago. After I reinstalled the app all my settings and preferences were still there.
    Having the same issue, but when I did the above, all it accomplished was wiping away my icon configuration. Problem with missing card still exists.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Inline Images Not Displaying In Gmail on Android
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-21-2015, 11:28 PM
  2. I cannot delete files from external sd card
    By marios1441 in forum General News & Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-06-2014, 12:51 PM
  3. speed dial does not work
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-04-2014, 08:31 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-04-2014, 07:09 PM

Posting Permissions