Fallen N5 Screen Leak

narinderkapur

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I dropped my phone from waist height on smooth marble flooring yesterday. Apart from the shock I experienced and the back cover opening up slightly, there was absolutely no damage to my phone and I went about my way till I noticed that the top left corner portion of the phone was emanating a whitish-light.

It's not noticeable to people unless they're looking for it - and it's mostly invisible when there's a notification on the left hand of the status bar, but I constantly find my eyes roving towards it and that's irritating enough. Plus, when I lock the screen, that light stays on for the extra half-second which is worrying.

Is this something to do with the fall, like a loose circuit/component, or is this a bad screen leak? And can I do anything about it? This is the first phone I've bought with my own money, so I don't want to take any chances.

Any help/advice would be appreciated,

Thanks!

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I'd say it was a result of the fall and the exterior adjusted slightly. Likely enough to cause the screen to leak. You can try fiddling with it to see if you can close-up. Otherwise, there isn't much else that can be done.

Bront

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Fortunately, there's a new N5 replacement policy for just such an issue!

Just hold on and see if it gets worse though. If it doesn't, you might be ok. If it does, then call Google.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane