OK Google Words Missing

Benjamin_NYC

Banned
May 15, 2014
Visit site
The voice detection was turned off. I enabled it, said OK Google three times, and it's working. But the search bar on top of every home screen (Nexus 5) no longer has "Say OK Google" in it. I don't mind, but is this an official change?

Posted via the Android Central App

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I had noticed that the words had disappeared a few months back on my N5 and had thought it was an intentional change. I just processed a warranty replacement through Google for mine (it was one of the initial batch that suffered deteriorating GPS connectivity), though, and after updating it to the same 4.4.4 my old one was running noted that it does show the phrase

Benjamin_NYC

Banned
May 15, 2014
Visit site
I had noticed that the words had disappeared a few months back on my N5 and had thought it was an intentional change. I just processed a warranty replacement through Google for mine (it was one of the initial batch that suffered deteriorating GPS connectivity), though, and after updating it to the same 4.4.4 my old one was running noted that it does show the phrase

Mine disappeared today.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Huh. Just checked and mine no longer has it.

Posted via my Nexus 5 via the Android Central App
The "Say OK Google" words are only shown for the first few "OK Google" prompts. It's there to show new users that they can say the hot word. If you want to see it again (for a short time) go into system settings > applications > sort by all > search > clear data.

Benjamin_NYC

Banned
May 15, 2014
Visit site
The "Say OK Google" words are only shown for the first few "OK Google" prompts. It's there to show new users that they can say the hot word. If you want to see it again (for a short time) go into system settings > applications > sort by all > search > clear data.

Ha! Thank you!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12