Nexus 5 five seconds loading loop

toben99

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
I had a really weird and apparently serious problem with my Nexus 5. Suddenly, the phone turned off (while conventional using, reading a Whatsapp conversation), with a 70% battery level and with the phone without any root or firmware variation. It only received the OTA official Google updates, currently has the 4.4.4 Android Version.
After happened this strange fact, I tried to turn on again the phone. It showed me the Google loading screen, but it just stayed there for 5 seconds, after that, it went dark again and didn't restart.
The phone just obeys when I connect it to the charger, but it just does the same, shows the Google logo for 5 seconds and turns off again. I tried to open the boot menu, but when it opens, it turns off again, without allowing me to choose any option.
The only thing I think that might be related with this problem, is the storage, there's just 1 GB remaining of the 12,5 of the real partition. Anyway, I don't believe that a phone like this can die just for having less than 1 GB of free space.
As a detail, I'll say that most of my space is covered by photos and audio, so I do not have heavy applications such as games or similar.

I really do not know what to do. I can't turn on the phone and neither can't do anything in the bootloader because when it appears the phone turns off instantly.

Please, does anybody have some idea of what's going on?

Deeply grateful.

p3ntyne

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
I had a really weird and apparently serious problem with my Nexus 5. Suddenly, the phone turned off (while conventional using, reading a Whatsapp conversation), with a 70% battery level and with the phone without any root or firmware variation. It only received the OTA official Google updates, currently has the 4.4.4 Android Version.
After happened this strange fact, I tried to turn on again the phone. It showed me the Google loading screen, but it just stayed there for 5 seconds, after that, it went dark again and didn't restart.
The phone just obeys when I connect it to the charger, but it just does the same, shows the Google logo for 5 seconds and turns off again. I tried to open the boot menu, but when it opens, it turns off again, without allowing me to choose any option.
The only thing I think that might be related with this problem, is the storage, there's just 1 GB remaining of the 12,5 of the real partition. Anyway, I don't believe that a phone like this can die just for having less than 1 GB of free space.
As a detail, I'll say that most of my space is covered by photos and audio, so I do not have heavy applications such as games or similar.

I really do not know what to do. I can't turn on the phone and neither can't do anything in the bootloader because when it appears the phone turns off instantly.

Please, does anybody have some idea of what's going on?

Deeply grateful.

I highly doubt having low storage would cause such as issue.

Have you tried plugging the phone in just after entering the bootloader? That could narrow it down to a battery issue.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I think this is a result of the battery or other hardware issue causing problems. Since it should still be under warranty, contact Google and see about a replacement/repair.

The bootloader is the only way to get the factory imaged loaded, and if you can't stay in that menu, then there may not be anything you can do to get it booted.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463