Why am I having problems with my Nexus 5 after deleting Google Search?

brian71mm

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Problems with Nexus 5 after deleting Google Search

Alright so here's the deal, I was on my phone and disable the google search app and as soon as doing so it messed up, black screen etc and so I restarted. Doing this it stayed at the google with the 4 bubbles converging bootloop. So i did the recovery mode and cleared cache, it was about 15 seconds in and my phone blitzed out. It was at my home screen so i quickly rushed to apps by the slider drop down menu settings icon. enabled google search and it was half working. Mind you that when it went to this screen it said safe mode down in the left bottom. so after enabling i restarted the phone, it rebooted and worked but here's where my problem lies. it says i have all my previous apps but they don't work, says i have all my music and pictures/videos but aren't showing, when i take a picture it says insert sd card or at times just says camera has stopped. i cannot take screenshots and do practically anything at all.

I would appreciate it so much if i could get some help, I am currently deployed to africa in the army and desperately need to retrieve these photos and documents on this phone as they are quite important.

I have tried to go into recovery mode again and it doesn't say no command this time and won't let me choose to do anything with the clear cache etc menu as it doesn't even show now.

help would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator:

yfan

Nov 28, 2009
Visit site
Re: Problems with Nexus 5 after deleting Google Search

"Google search" is the launcher on a Nexus 5. You disabled the launcher, meaning, you disabled the app that lets you launch and see all the other apps! See if you can somehow get into the settings and re-enable it. If not, you might have to give Google tech support a call... which may be difficult without a phone...

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Problems with Nexus 5 after deleting Google Search

Can you clarify a few things:

1. When you say you disabled Google Search, are you saying you went to Settings>Apps>All, selected Google Search, and tapped Disable?

2. What do you mean that the phone blitzed out while trying to wipe the cache partition? Did it just shut down in the middle of the cache wipe?

3. Are you rooted or unrooted? Running the stock ROM?

What happens if you go to Settings>Apps, tap Menu, then Reset All App Preferences?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463