Switching back to a Nexus

Jnorton2724

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Hello all,

I've been using the Note 3 for the past year and wanted to move back to a Nexus device. I was about to purchase a 32GB Nexus 5 Bright Red yesterday but I'm wondering if the Nexus 5 will receive a price cut like the Nexus 4 did. Also, with all the rumors about the Nexus 6 being announced soon I was thinking about waiting for it.

What do you think? Wait for the Nexus 6 or wait to see if the Nexus 5 price drops a little once the new phone is announced? I really really like the red Nexus 5 so I wouldn't mind getting the older Nexus 5 instead of the new one coming out soon.

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Hello all,

I've been using the Note 3 for the past year and wanted to move back to a Nexus device. I was about to purchase a 32GB Nexus 5 Bright Red yesterday but I'm wondering if the Nexus 5 will receive a price cut like the Nexus 4 did. Also, with all the rumors about the Nexus 6 being announced soon I was thinking about waiting for it.

What do you think? Wait for the Nexus 6 or wait to see if the Nexus 5 price drops a little once the new phone is announced? I really really like the red Nexus 5 so I wouldn't mind getting the older Nexus 5 instead of the new one coming out soon.

It's pretty much a guarantee that the Nexus 5 prices will be slashed. Which phone you want depends on what you're looking for. If you prefer a larger screen and more future Android updates than go with the Nexus 6. The Nexus 5 is more than likely going to get one more major update which will be Android "L." The Nexus 6 being brand new will get the next 2 or 3. Personally I thought the Nexus 5 looked a little bland. I had the Nexus 4 and decided to get the Samsung Galaxy S5 because of that. If I had to choose between the Nexus 5 and the Nexus 6 than I would choose the 6. I know... I probably wasn't much help to you :)

Jnorton2724

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
It's pretty much a guarantee that the Nexus 5 prices will be slashed. Which phone you want depends on what you're looking for. If you prefer a larger screen and more future Android updates than go with the Nexus 6. The Nexus 5 is more than likely going to get one more major update which will be Android "L." The Nexus 6 being brand new will get the next 2 or 3. Personally I thought the Nexus 5 looked a little bland. I had the Nexus 4 and decided to get the Samsung Galaxy S5 because of that. If I had to choose between the Nexus 5 and the Nexus 6 than I would choose the 6. I know... I probably wasn't much help to you :)

Ya I'm assuming the Nexus 5 prices will be dropped once the Nexus 6 is announced. I'll have to wait and see what the Nexus 6 has but depending on the price drop I might just go with the Nexus 5. Thank you for the comment :)

IrishFXDB

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
If the size of the Note 3 doesn't bother you, I'd wait a few weeks and see what happens with the Nexus 6. All rumors are saying that they reduced the bezels drastically so it is going to be about the same size as the Note 3.

Posted via the Android Central App

FLG8t0r

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
I am waiting on the price drop as well, but is there a threat that as soon as the Nexus 6 is announced that the Nexus 5 will be removed from the Google Play store?

Jnorton2724

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I am waiting on the price drop as well, but is there a threat that as soon as the Nexus 6 is announced that the Nexus 5 will be removed from the Google Play store?

I'm worried about this as well but if its like the Nexus 4 they just did a price drop until they sold out.

FLG8t0r

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
I went ahead and ordered a 32 gb white one today. I wanted a black one, but it went out of stock this morning. I was worried the white one would go out of stock as well before any price drop.