Nexus 5 very slow charging problem

sachin varia

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
I m from India & I have brought Nexus 5 from US. it is charging very slowly. it takes 3-4 hour for full charging. and drain off within 3-4 hours. while my friends same nexus 5 brought from US charge within 1.5-2 hours also and also it lasts fro full day even mobile network is kept on. I have downloaded app for checking mA while charging . while using charger supplied with phone shows 150-300 mA and by charging Samsung charger it shows 300-450 mA. is it sufficient for charging. what should be correct mA while charging.

Pl. help me to resolve this problem

jj14x

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
150-300mA - and 300-450mA - that is very low.
Can you check to see if the charger and the charging cable is OEM? It is very likely that your cable may need to be replaced.

You also indicated that it drains off withing 3-4 hours - is that active screen-on time? If so, that may be normal. But if it is draining off in 3-4 hours while doing nothing, that's a problem. Check what is using up your battery life in settings/battery. (if you are rooted, try GSAM Battery monitor or betterbatterystats)

theduder

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I have found that the charger from the 2012 Nexus 7 (Asus part) charges the Nexus 5 super fast. It's not cheap but it's astonishingly fast.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

jeffjeffjeff

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
I 100% fixed my Nexus 5 charging problems!

Before I fixed it, it would some days charge and some days not. Some days it wouldn't even charge overnight. With "Elixir 2" I was getting a max of -500ma. And a lot of times it would be way less than this.

After the fix, I got -1500ma with "Elixir 2". Woo hoo!

The solution: I bought the Blackberry Playbook charger that everybody is talking about.

google or search amazon for "blackberry playbook charger" or "blackberry folding blade"

It was $6.50 on amazon and I got it in 2 days with free shipping "amazon prime"

P.S. I'm not selling anything. I'm just super stoked that I'm back in business!

Gagan Wadhawan

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site
Hi!

i had faced the same issue of not getting the phone on and very slow charging i.e 1% in 7-8 min and drainage of battery immediately.

I had even change the new battery and also format the phone but the problem was same.

Just learn and got to know the problem is in the Flexi cable of the phone and just rushed to the near LG service centre and ask them to replace the flexi cable of the phone. They done it Free of cost immediately and now my nexus 5 is working as good as new one.

Hope it help's !!

Gagan wadhawan

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
One common mistake with recharging is having too long of a cable between the phone and the charger. I have a few 6 foot long cables that do not charge as fast as the shorter 3 foot long cables even when using the same charger. There is a reason why we use AC in our homes and not DC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12