Manually turn on USB debugging on Nexus 5?

yoda8232

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
Android users need help with my phone! I am trying to manually turn on USB debugging (to access files on phone through update thru ADB mode in recovery options, I can install the driver for the phone but won't work until USB debugging is turned on) while my phone cannot boot into the OS. Is there a secret way to turn on USB debugging through recovery mode? (I do not want to wipe the data, and phone unfortunately is not rooted)

raptir

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Android users need help with my phone! I am trying to manually turn on USB debugging (to access files on phone through update thru ADB mode in recovery options, I can install the driver for the phone but won't work until USB debugging is turned on) while my phone cannot boot into the OS. Is there a secret way to turn on USB debugging through recovery mode? (I do not want to wipe the data, and phone unfortunately is not rooted)

If you can't boot into the OS and your bootloader isn't already unlocked I don't think there's anything you can do. Stock recovery does not support ADB only custom recoveries do, and you can't install a custom recovery without unlocking your bootloader which will wipe your phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac