google now reminders (on nexus 5 - android lollipop) greyed out and not working !?

Tom Lejeune

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
I installed the latest build of the android lollipop developer preview on my nexus 5. All works fine (exept for wel know problems with original mail app and mx player)

my problem is that I can't create ANY reminders. If say "remind me in 10 min" i get the popup, but i'm not able to activate it ("V" stays grayed out)
even if I go manually via the hamburger menu in google now, "reminders" is grayed out and I can't click it . All works fine for the rest (exept for every reboot i need to set the primary default language to English - US every time for google now to work at all)

Anybody has the same issue?

thanks
Tom

Frits Tafelberg

Dec 4, 2014
Visit site
Hi Tom,
I've got the same thing. Google now seems(!) to create a reminder, but it doesn't. It is not visible in the reminders tab, nor in Google Keep.
The language problem however, I don't have. My primary language for Google is English UK, which works fine for triggering the 'Ok Google' command and talking to Google now. As other language (the rest of my phone) I have Dutch.
Maybe (speculating here) that is the problem. I mean: If you have the phone (and apps like keep) in another language, the reminders don't work....
I don't know if it's a known bug...
If you found solution, let me know, yes :D

Tom Lejeune

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
well, the problem is actually that. you should only set the system language to English (United states) (not UK) you can have many keyboard languages, but the language input needs to be set to US. only THEN you get all the google now posibilities.

veel geluk !