New Nexus 5?

Nytrocide

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
So my Nexus 5's battery has been degraded to the point where it goes from 100% to 40% with only iHeartRadio playing for about 40 minutes. I have actually considered purchasing a new one off the Play Store but been checking daily and everything has been sold out.

I even went on Amazon and bought an OEM battery (actually was when it arrived surprisingly) and swapped it. My previous one had a factory date of 10.07.2013 and this new one has a factory date of 07.13.2014. Pop it in, and same thing...is there possibly something wrong with my device? I'd go on the Nexus Replacement program thing, but I've eclipsed the one year warranty and everytime I use "Chat" on the site it spins for literally hours, and I'm on hold for almost 2 hours...kind of ridiculous.

Extremely unlikely, but I'm kind of hoping that the reason why the N5 is completely sold out is because they're doing a refresh, but yeah. Anyone have any idea?

Nytrocide

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Only thing it shows it iHeartRadio and screen on, which was minimal. I left my house at 8:30am at 100%, turned on the radio, locked the phone until I got to work at 9:30am and it dropped to 48%, with only the radio playing and maybe 2 minutes of screen on with no messaging etc.

I used my N5 all the time despite the awful battery life, got a OnePlus One and liked it for a little. The battery life on the OPO is incredible, 100% to 63% with HEAVY media/regular use all day till 6pm. I feel like it's too big or a pain in the *** to get the notification bar down with one hand, and after switching my SIM card back in my N5 I feel like it's the perfect size phone for me...even though I'm thinking about a Nexus 6 *gunshot* lol.

If I could get a Nexus 5 that could last even till 4pm, that would be perfect. Just seems like I have a faulty unit, and I can't buy a new one off the Play Store. :-\ I want to give them my money but they don't want it!

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
Only thing it shows it iHeartRadio and screen on, which was minimal. I left my house at 8:30am at 100%, turned on the radio, locked the phone until I got to work at 9:30am and it dropped to 48%, with only the radio playing and maybe 2 minutes of screen on with no messaging etc.

I used my N5 all the time despite the awful battery life, got a OnePlus One and liked it for a little. The battery life on the OPO is incredible, 100% to 63% with HEAVY media/regular use all day till 6pm. I feel like it's too big or a pain in the *** to get the notification bar down with one hand, and after switching my SIM card back in my N5 I feel like it's the perfect size phone for me...even though I'm thinking about a Nexus 6 *gunshot* lol.

If I could get a Nexus 5 that could last even till 4pm, that would be perfect. Just seems like I have a faulty unit, and I can't buy a new one off the Play Store. :-\ I want to give them my money but they don't want it!

Yeah a lot of people are in that boat. I got an n5 a few weeks ago during one of the small !moments they had them in stock. Seems like they are never in stock. Actually it seems like nothing is ever on stock in the play store. Good luck trying to get a red n5 if you wanted one, I don't think I have seen those on stock in months. Seems a little ridiculous.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz