Caezar07

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
They killed off that redundancy but introduced a new one with the SMS messenger app. Apparently it's only installed by default on the Nexus 6 though so we were spared.

Jamie_tnt

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
They killed off that redundancy but introduced a new one with the SMS messenger app. Apparently it's only installed by default on the Nexus 6 though so we were spared.
Having always used handcent for pop up notifications, I find this new messenger very good.

nelhop

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Apparently it is.
I still have gallery on my PC where I upload all my botanical identification photos (many hundreds). On my Nexus 5 they are set to view offline if need be. What replaces Gallery? And will that require a change on my desktop?

I don't have lollipop yet and am beginning to be afraid.

nelhop

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for the link. Unfortunately it says offline access to albums will no longer be available. I guess the programmers in Google's ivory tower never experience zero connectivity. There are many places where the sky is clear and the cloud is far, far away.

vividrich

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Bummer. Not a Photos fan. Quickpic is good, but doesn't pull in G+ backed up photos.

Ah well, Quickpic it is then.

Posted from my Nexus 7 2013 via Android Central App

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Yea I use Photos and its not bad I personally like it. I use to use Quick Pic though. I'm getting restless waiting on ota.....if it doesn't come by next Sunday I'll just sideload the damn ota

Nexus

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze