Lollipop Update: Where on my Nexus5 can I find the OTA files I just downloaded?

asdf45223

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I just downloaded the files and the Recovery system came up. To install the update, I need to manually choose the files, but I don't know where to find the on my phone.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Look in the Download folder. Where they go depends on what you used to download them. If it was a browser, look in the browser's settings for its default download folder.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I just downloaded the files and the Recovery system came up. To install the update, I need to manually choose the files, but I don't know where to find the on my phone.
If you downloaded the OTA update then you'll need to place the file on the computer inside the platform-tools folder. You'll be using the computer to push the update once you've entered recovery mode and enabled the adb sideload option.

Have you setup your computer to recognize the device adb/fastboot?

asdf45223

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
If you downloaded the OTA update then you'll need to place the file on the computer inside the platform-tools folder. You'll be using the computer to push the update once you've entered recovery mode and enabled the adb sideload option.

Have you setup your computer to recognize the device adb/fastboot?

Yes I have, thank you!

macroguy07

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
I use the all-in-one Nexus Root Tool Kit to flash my Nexus 5, your phone does not have to be rooted to use the program. I use it on my PC to flash the major updates to Android so I get a fresh clean OS on my phone that runs with no lag and is buttery smooth.

http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/

Posted via my Nexus 5 with Lollipop

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress