Nexus 5 Battery with 5.0

btroberts011

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
I have had a G1, myTouch, nexusS, and a now Nexus5, and never have any of those phones not made it an easy 24 hours with a full charge. Yes, 8 of those hours I was sleeping along with my phone, but still 24 hours easy. I wasn't doing anything crazy with those phones, no blue tooth, or heavy streaming of any kind, always on a WiFi, and pretty much basic use. It was nice to go somewhere for a night and not have to bring my charger knowing my phone would still have enough in the morning to make it back.

Today my nexus 5 died in 10 hours with hardly any use. I am extremely disappointed with google. If you have a nexus 5 and haven't updated it yet do your self a favor and wait until this gets fixed.

Below I attached my battery stats from 9:21 to 7pm when it died and if there is any thing good it does charge very fast.

G1, myTouch(rooted), NexusS, Nexus5

btroberts011

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
Off the charger at 9:20a this morning and it died at 7:08p then I plugged it in when I got home.

Attachments

• 42927.jpg
    42927.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 214

ordurves

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
Don't get too flipped out just yet. I've read plenty here the last 48 hours about how some ppl are experiencing the same thing then after a few hours things settle down. I personally have not seen any major battery drain issues. I am stock, unrooted

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

blackomen

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I think mine settled down a bit.
Sent from my Nexus 5 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1416841765393.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1416841765393.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 168

LandsAlot4

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Went to bed last night at 100%, woke up at 75%. Have used it about an hour and 15 minutes this morning and its at 40% already. Very frustrating.

Posted via Android Central App on Nexus 5

blackomen

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Went to bed last night at 100%, woke up at 75%. Have used it about an hour and 15 minutes this morning and its at 40% already. Very frustrating.

How long have you had 5.0? I flashed about a week ago and it's just settling in, I'd say if you haven't had it long to give it some time.

mhettrich

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Same problem, I think mine is a network issue. Here is how it looks for me today.

5617b8b1f303332c0c153e8007f3758d.jpg

c0b817ea2e04050632a5c673658f489b.jpg

54b9eebaeebfed4930ef65ef108ee927.jpg

Looks like the phone is staying awake even though I'm not using it. Can this be caused by poor network signal as well?

Ruben_915

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I was having trouble with the battery dying slowly and taking for ever to charge. I turned off the "Adjust screen brightness" setting which is less aggressive than KitKat but still drains battery. I turned my phone on n off a couple times. First time the bars were showing but not the network type, looked weird but i liked it after a while, it made the bar look cleaner.it was still dying kinda fast. I also noticed subtle changes like the notification drop menu looked different every time it turned on, as if the phone was still adjusting to material design. I encrypted my phone for no reason just to see if it would help and it did! Encryption only took 15 minutes on my 32GB Nexus 5. I would say encryption isn't the answer, but maybe these phones just need to adjust to such a big change. I didn't do a factory reset, just turned it on n off every hour or so, 3 times, the fourth time was when it was encrypted.

Posted via Android Central App

btroberts011

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site

Mine is fine when its asleep but the second I'm using it percentages start dropping fast.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Ooh, I thought, let's try Battery Doctor, it's a well-known one and it's just been updated for Lollipop. I know that type of app is said by some to make things worse sometimes but it's worth a try....
This morning, down from full charge to 89%....no improvement, and still far too high an overnight loss compared to the KitKat era. Thank you for trying, Battery Doctor, I don't think it was your fault.

I'm beginning to lose interest.

Posted via Android Central App

Sprawl

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
on typical usage days, I take the phone off at 8am and was able to be at 15% battery life by 10pm.

after 5.0, I'm hitting 15% by 5pm when I come home from work.

Battery life with 5.0 is rocky. Today for example, since 8am, with light usage, i'm still at 73% battery (3:15pm).

Yesterday however, i was at 10% by 5pm, I charged it for a couple hours (up to 70%) when I left home at 8pm. by midnight i was down to 14% again.

checking my battery monitor there was nothing truly eratic. Everything looked as expected.

One thing I have noticed (in mine and many of oyur screenshots) is that no matter what, the WIFI is showing as on with battery drain. Even if I've shut wifi off (I dont use it when not home).

is the WiFi perhaps not actually turning the attenae off? this could be lending to battery drain, especially if it's "on" but not conncted

bovcrx

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I flashed kit kat back to my nexus 5. Lollipop had very bad battery drain. I would have to plug in 5 hours after I left the house. All I do is play cached music really

Posted via the Android Central App

ianhanson85

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
Seriously.... I cleared the cache, turned off basically every google service and even did a factory reset. Battery life has just been absolutely horrid for me with lollipop. I'm ready to go back to apple so at least my phone doesn't drain during standby..... I don't understand why Google can't fix these issues.

Posted via the Android Central App

Boive

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
I'm not experiencing such things on mine, and that's a shame, because it won't force Google to fix your issue quickly... Hope I won't get the problem

UN4GTBL

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
I thought my battery was bad on 4.4.4, but its even worse on 5.0

My phone never goes to sleep, ever, and the battery is just terrible. Really annoyed with this.

Also this stupid priority notification garbage is infuriating.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Seems like a lot of people are experiencing poor battery life. I'm sure things will start to improve once apps make the update to L compatibility and are able to take advantage of project Volta. Also, we need to keep in mind that Lollipop is still a work in progress - updates should be coming in the coming months to squash any bugs.

blackomen

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I wonder how much the always scanning setting makes a difference for WiFi battery drain.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1417028693180.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1417028693180.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 76