Should we expect 5.0.1 soon?

TheDoctor 46

May 31, 2012
Visit site
While 5.0 brings us a brand new OS, it's not without bugs. Any rumblings on an OTA update to fix them?

Posted via Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
They still haven't fixed bugs in 4.4.2. Manufacturers are interested in selling phones, not in paying programmers to make a new version work on existing phones. But we'll probably see 5.1.x by spring anyway.

ianhanson85

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
They still haven't fixed bugs in 4.4.2. Manufacturers are interested in selling phones, not in paying programmers to make a new version work on existing phones. But we'll probably see 5.1.x by spring anyway.

You're probably right but it sure would be nice if they fixed problems for current users that already paid for their product. I came from an iPhone and really enjoy all the customizations with android but cannot stand all of the battery drain issues I've had.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site

I assumed it was Google who did the fixing of bugs. Not always, then.

TheDoctor 46

May 31, 2012
Visit site
You're probably right but it sure would be nice if they fixed problems for current users that already paid for their product. I came from an iPhone and really enjoy all the customizations with android but cannot stand all of the battery drain issues I've had.

The battery drain issue is not consistent on my N5. Sometimes it's under 50% in 2 hours and other times it will be 8 hours or more before I see 60%. I noticed the auto brightness setting will not adjust to the ambient light. It will stay the same no matter the ambient light. A quick power down will fix it. But that can be one of the suspects in the battery drainage.
My N7 (2013) on the other hand seems like it barely has any noticeable faults from 5.0. Battery is really strong and long lasting.

ianhanson85

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
The battery drain issue is not consistent on my N5. Sometimes it's under 50% in 2 hours and other times it will be 8 hours or more before I see 60%. I noticed the auto brightness setting will not adjust to the ambient light. It will stay the same no matter the ambient light. A quick power down will fix it. But that can be one of the suspects in the battery drainage.
My N7 (2013) on the other hand seems like it barely has any noticeable faults from 5.0. Battery is really strong and long lasting.

I agree the battery is very inconsistent. Some days I have incredible standby and make it over 4 hours screen on time. Then there are days where I don't touch this phone and pull it out of my pocket to see its drained 30 percent out of nowhere. I was really hoping lollipop would bring some consistency. Maybe it will stabilize in the coming days.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463