The 10 most annoying Android 5.0 Lollipop problems solved

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Whew! I'm glad to say I haven't experienced any of the glitches. Although at some point, I might still do a factory reset, just out of curiosity.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Thx for the link. I like that 'solved' bit. Rather like saying 'All the problems of life suddenly solved'. But perhaps it's true.

Posted via Android Central App

karimpas7

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
You mean switching from volume button or the power menu correct?because you can turn it on with 2 buttons first minus on volume and second select none on the menu for x hours

xstinkyx

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
You mean switching from volume button or the power menu correct?because you can turn it on with 2 buttons first minus on volume and second select none on the menu for x hours

That is not the same thing. That will also silence LED notifications/reminders and also alarm. The previous Silence just silenced vibrations and sounds.

karimpas7

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
That is not the same thing. That will also silence LED notifications/reminders and also alarm. The previous Silence just silenced vibrations and sounds.
You can fix the setup with what priorities you want so that notifications alarm are not silenced

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
After the update I did have a audio issue with phone calls that gave a echo of my own voice only when I was speaking. However I only had Lollipop for two days and only three phone calls total so I wasn't 100% sure this wasn't a T-Mobile/MetroPCS issue. After the factory reset I haven't heard the echo anymore. Now I don't have any issues with Lollipop.

salmanahmad

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
The bug with the flashlight turning off and busting the camera is the only issue from that list that I seem to be experiencing.

However if Google hasn't fixed that since the developer previews what if it isn't a bug but a safety measure so that the flashlight doesn't cause the phone to drain excessive battery, heat up and possibly cause damage to the LED itself...

But even if it we're a safety precaution it's a poorly implemented one, given how the camera and flashlight APIs(I believe that is the word) are tied together, and any software issue with the flashlight busts the camera as well. :/