Lollipop Photo Editing Recovered

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Following the L update I found I couldn't edit photos normally in Photos....just got 'Downloading resources etc' message. Eventually found a fix....turned off mobile data, turned on wifi, tried to edit a photo, got the message, clicked OK, and the editing tools downloaded. Photo editing now back to what it was before the update.
Hope this helps any other users with the same problem.😀

Posted via Android Central App

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Next day: Normal editing options gone again. I give up.
Edit later: After much trying, using method described in first post, especially with one particular photo which is the one I used the first time, they're back. I still give up.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Do you have anything disabled? Maybe go to Settings>Apps and Reset All App Preferences to re-enable everything. Then see if it works.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Do you have anything disabled? Maybe go to Settings>Apps and Reset All App Preferences to re-enable everything. Then see if it works.

I'll bear that one in mind. My finger hovered over the Reset Preferences button but I couldn't quite bring myself to do it. At the moment I've still got normal editing tools, so I'll leave it and see what happens. Also, battery life is worse and I'm thinking that it may come to a Factory Reset...>Groan<

Edit 10min later. I've Reset Preferences. Let's see what happens!

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Resetting preferences isn't that big a deal. All it means is that whenever you select an action that has multiple apps that can complete the action, you'll just be asked again which one you want to use, "Just Once" or "Always." And your disabled apps will become re-enabled, so if your photo editing features come back, then start disabling your usual apps again. But this time, recheck photo editing after each app disable, to see if one of them affects it.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
^^^Thx, we posted at the same moment. I've reset them.😀

Edit, next day: 94% battery on waking, editing options still there. Good.

Last edited:

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I am experiencing the same problem. Please help me.
thank you

Welcome to AC and the Nexus 5 forum.☺

If you're talking about the loss of photo editing, I'm afraid I've given all I've got in my posts above. Or are you referring to something else?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Photo editing gone again. Recovered by method above....connect to wifi (but this time I left mobile data on), open Photos, try to edit. Repeatedly, it said 'Unfortunately, Google+ has stopped'....on fourth or fifth attempt editing was restored.
Sorry to keep going on like this!

Edit...20min later, gone again, possibly because of reboot, tho' I doubt. Eventually recovered, method as above, 'Google+ stopped' message about 20 times. Opened Google+ app. Editing restored afterwards, tho' not necessarily because of that.
I'm not going to talk about this any more, unless I come to understand it, which I doubt.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
belodion, you troublemaker.;)

Have you tried Safe Mode? Google+ (and therefore Photos) is preinstalled, so it ought to work in Safe Mode. Maybe something else you installed is mucking things up.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Well I'm wondering that, Didds....in fact, I've just uninstalled a few apps, though because I don't want their developers to think I'm saying they're bad apps, I won't mention them by name. I'll see how it goes.
Of course some third-party apps that were fine with KitKat may be causing trouble with Lollipop.

Azin-Ashrafi

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site
Hi Belodion
I have G3 too and i have the same problem as u had,i read all of ur comments and did whatever u said but i didn't work still i can't use my edit photo.
I updated Google+ and i turned off mobile data and then turned on wifi but still this message came that " Unable to connect editing tools"
please help me

Thanks

DeAnna Doherty

May 13, 2015
Visit site
Following the L update I found I couldn't edit photos normally in Photos....just got 'Downloading resources etc' message. Eventually found a fix....turned off mobile data, turned on wifi, tried to edit a photo, got the message, clicked OK, and the editing tools downloaded. Photo editing now back to what it was before the update.
Hope this helps any other users with the same problem.😀