Lollipops project volta?

Malerin11

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
So I get my lollipop update expecting big things, particularly better battery.
This hasn't been the case it's worse than KitKat, I get 3hrs SOT if I'm lucky with all my usual battery saving tricks where as I got 4 SOT with KitKat.

So I decided to root and try a different kernel as I'd had 5 hrs SOT with code blue on KitKat after I rooted I flashed code blue but this lost me root, I flashed stock again and tried Franco kernel but this did the same.

What am I doing wrong that I'm loosing root?

I'm currently back at stock lollipop but seriously thinking of going back to KitKat for the battery

Posted via the Android Central App

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
So I get my lollipop update expecting big things, particularly better battery.
This hasn't been the case it's worse than KitKat, I get 3hrs SOT if I'm lucky with all my usual battery saving tricks where as I got 4 SOT with KitKat.

So I decided to root and try a different kernel as I'd had 5 hrs SOT with code blue on KitKat after I rooted I flashed code blue but this lost me root, I flashed stock again and tried Franco kernel but this did the same.

What am I doing wrong that I'm loosing root?

I'm currently back at stock lollipop but seriously thinking of going back to KitKat for the battery

In terms of root with Lollipop, you will need to flash the most current SuperSU (v2.30 Beta) here: [STABLE][2014.10.25] SuperSU v2.16 - Post #7474 - XDA Forums

It should be making its way to the Play Store soon, if not already updated there. If you haven't already done so, I'd suggest a factory reset of your current Lollipop ROM. Set everything back up and see if there is any improvement with battery.

Project should help with battery life. However, there's a misunderstanding that it will magically improve battery life just by installing Lollipop. That's not true. App developers will also need to update apps to take advantage of what Volta is doing. Then again, the gains may not be noticeable to the average person. We should also keep in mind that although Lollipop is officially released, it's still a work in progress. Like KitKat, we should be seeing incremental updates to improve the OS in the coming months.

Malerin11

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
I'm going to factory reset and set up my Nexus with only apps that I use and hope the battery settles in, if not I hope your right about updates.

Malerin11

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
You were right mate, I factory reset my Nexus and only downloaded bout 40 or so of the apps I use daily and I'm now getting 4 1/2 - 5 hours SOT, really seeing an improvement with battery on lollipop.

No need to root for a new kernel now to get great battery, not to say I won't root a few months down the line when I get the itch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol