Lollipop bricked my phone - HELP!

Sarcastiholic

Nov 28, 2014
Visit site
For some background, my Nexus 5 is not rooted. I purchased it from a T-Mobile store back in February.

I got the notification last Thursday that the OTA download for Lollipop was available, so I downloaded it. Everything was working fine, more or less, until yesterday morning. My N5 was sitting on the dining room table while I was reading a magazine when all of a sudden it turned itself off. I tried turning it back on, but all that happens is the white Google logo on the black background comes on, the phone vibrates briefly, and then it turns back off. I tried putting it into recovery mode by holding down both volume buttons and the power button at the same time. The recovery mode screen pops up, but whether I let any (or all) of the buttons go or I keep holding them, the recovery mode screen goes away, the white Google logo on black background comes up again, it vibrates briefly, then turns off again. I spoke with Google's troubleshooting team yesterday for about 40 minutes and they had me do a number of trouble shooting steps involving various ways of holding buttons down, plugging it into the wallcharger, plugging it into my laptop, etc., but nothing worked. The rep with whom I was speaking said that I qualified for a warranty exchange. But it was only once she started looking up my account that I remembered I had purchased it through T-Mobile and not from the Play store. She said I'd have to contact T-Mobile to process my warranty exchange. But due to the way I purchased it through T-Mobile (long story, not worth explaining here), I'm not eligible for a warranty exchange through them. So I'm stuck with a brick of a phone.

I'm really hoping that there's someone out there who has some idea of how I can do a reset on my phone without being able to power the device on for more than a second or two.

Help??

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer