No photoshpere with Nex5 Lollipop anymore?

Buddy1969

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Hi there

Yesterday I tried to open one of my photoshere pix on my Nex5, the first time since the OTA Android 5 update.
Turns out the pix won't open anymore. I can look at the whole (distorted) picture, but when I tap on the photosphere icon I get an error message: "photo sphere picture can't be displayed" (on my german language phone it reads: "Photo-Sphere Aufnahme kann nicht angezeigt werden").

Is photosphere disabled in 5.0? Did I miss something?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Photospheres can still be taken and viewed. It's possible your previous photosphere file might be corrupted somehow.

Test it out yourself--use your phone to take a new photosphere, then view it. Does it work?

Artesphera

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
There is an actual thread to problems with viewing photospheres on Google plus with android devices in the German "goggle plus Hilfe forum". Maybe there is a relation to your problem...

xstinkyx

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
When I click on the photoshere icon (for photos taken before updating to Lollipop), I initially get "Loading photo sphere..." for about 30 seconds and then it says "Cannot show photo sphere". I tried with several ones; I don't think it's a matter of them being "corrupted".

(I located them on my device by going into Photos and then doing a search on #photosphere. Is there an easier way of quickly accessing all of them?)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hmm--if they're not corrupted, then maybe there was some subtle change in Lollipop that makes pre-Lollipop photospheres unreadable. That should be reported to Google.

Buddy1969

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Thx @ stinky ... The photosphere displays nicely if I open the pic via cam app.

Definitively a bug in Lollypop.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It's interesting--I think that viewing photos directly from the Camera app actually accesses the old Gallery app--although there is no other way to access it in Lollipop, since it is no longer listed as a separate app.

Artesphera

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
No it's not a lollipop bug as the photospheres within the Google plus app don't work anymore on every android device since about two weeks. It started when Google announced its new Google map embed API.
I posted this issue in several forums, on Google plus and privately. And until today I found not one person who reported about photo Sphere working properly on their androod device, not on 4.x not on lollypop...

Artesphera

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
The bug is fixed now with an update of the gplus app. Don't know if it's already available in play store but on the apk-site. I can't post the link here... Sorry...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch