Google backtracked from promise (Replacement device)

ask3012

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
Hi There,

I had a google nexus 5 since 1 year and had some troubles with it so google offered to ship a refurbished device. IT got to me fine but the replacement device was way worse than the original one. So i contacted Google again and they said they will ship another replacement(refurbished) device.

Now, today i got a email from google play support saying that Black refurbished device is out of stock and asked if they can send a new device instead. I gladly said yes. Now when I called to see the status of this, the rep backtracked and said the mail sent to you was a mistake and long story short, they will again send the refurbished device asap.

Can any thing be done about this? Apart from the agony of having to deal with these faulty devices and setting each of them almost once a week, this is clearly failing to deliver on promises. Any ideas on how to proceed? Suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
You have to accept that you spoke to a person, not a computer, and people make mistakes. (We just got an insurance quote of $120.month that was wrong - we were notified that it's about $350/month. Ouch! $2,600/year difference. Someone read the wrong line on the screen.) As long as they're replacing the bad phone, it's annoying to have to wait, but they're fulfilling the warranty.

ask3012

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
I understand that they are fulfilling the warranty but the email sent from google play support was also from a representative. Its really bad for a company of Google's stature to make mistakes like this especially when they have raised my hopes and then crushed them.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand. You were happy when they told you they would send a 2nd refurbished unit, then they said they were out of stock and asked if you wanted a new one, then they replenished their refurbished stock and said they will send one. You are getting what you originally asked for. Either someone made an error or "new" was a temporary "fix" that is no longer needed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38